LR strategy - good or bad?

linnea.1051linnea.1051 Alum Member

I've been noticing that I do worse on the second half of LR sections because I run out of time and the questions get harder. Is it a bad strategy to start with the second half of the test first? I just tried it and did better, but not sure if there's any downsides. I liked that at least when I'm running out of time, the easier questions are typically in the beginning..

Comments

• JabrooooJabroooo Alum Member
    35 karma

You want to spend most of your time and energy on the easier questions; which is the first half of the LR section, as they will require less effort to get them correct, for they are not as difficult as the second half.

• simrenrsharmasimrenrsharma Core Member
    8 karma

Im doing LR backwards for this reason and it made me go from a 165 to a 170 pretty consistently. But that's because the 'easier questions' I can get right based off instinct and quickly when the clock is ticking, but when I start with them I always go too slow because I feel like I have time. Its risky because Im risking getting the 'easy' questions wrong, but in my experience, I don't get them wrong when I'm forced to rush them. Test it out for yourself

• sucralosedaddysucralosedaddy Alum Member
    310 karma

you don't get bonus points for getting the hard questions right, you're better off going after the easier questions first.

• JesseWeNeedToCookJesseWeNeedToCook Alum Member
    137 karma

Focus on getting the first 10 done in 10 minutes or under. That should afford you enough time to get through all the questions with time to spare. If you don’t have time to spare, there’s an issue with how you’re selecting to skip questions.

• addison101220addison101220 Core Member
    56 karma

A strategy that I just learned about is to drill yourself by doing the first 10-15 questions in a LR section as quickly as you can, if you're looking to increase your time. Perhaps try doing this every single day, multiple times/day. This is the strategy I've found the most helpful when it comes to increasing endurance/speed. Ideally, spending the first 15 q's in 15 min, then spending ~2 min on the last half of the section.

• SJ808080SJ808080 Alum Member
    24 karma

@addison101220 said:
    A strategy that I just learned about is to drill yourself by doing the first 10-15 questions in a LR section as quickly as you can, if you're looking to increase your time. Perhaps try doing this every single day, multiple times/day. This is the strategy I've found the most helpful when it comes to increasing endurance/speed. Ideally, spending the first 15 q's in 15 min, then spending ~2 min on the last half of the section.

Hey, when drilling do you choose from PTs that you haven't done yet? If so, how do you choose between doing a PT like LSAT or just doing a section of the PT?

Thank you

• MTreigysMTreigys Core Member
    108 karma

@"sorour.a.j79" said:

@addison101220 said:

Hey, when drilling do you choose from PTs that you haven't done yet? If so, how do you choose between doing a PT like LSAT or just doing a section of the PT?

Thank you

Doing timed sections in the PTs from 36-50 is a good rule of thumb