Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official August 2023 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official August 2023 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the August 2023 LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, August 15th.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the August 2023!

Please keep all discussions of the August 2023 LSAT here!

Comments

• Belle RossBelle Ross Alum Member
    14 karma

Goods luck everyone :smile:

• amdhill08amdhill08 Alum Member
    120 karma

I am one of the people who has had technical difficulties today. I was scheduled to take my test at 9am, but it was after 10 before I was connected to a proctor. Shortly after, she told me there were technical difficulties and I needed to log out and log back in. I haven't been able to get back in. I've been on hold or on the phone with Prometric and LSAT since then trying to get this resolved. As of now, LSAC is saying I must take the test this afternoon, tomorrow, or in October (which, oddly enough, is on my wedding date).
    So I am tired, stressed, cancelling my concert celebration plans tonight, and currently on hold with Prometric for the fourth time today. Just hit the one hour hold time...again...
    I am still manifesting a good outcome! I hope no one else deals with this! Good vibes to everyone today and tomorrow. I am 100% fine to take the test tomorrow, so I'm praying that is how this goes. I will gladly accept all good vibes and prayers. :)

• Jxoxo123Jxoxo123 Alum Member
    70 karma

That must be SO stressful. I'm so sorry to hear that and hope you'll be able to take the exam today or tomorrow! I feel that it's only fair for LSAC to at least offer September if Prometric fails to arrange a test for you this month.
    By the way, when you are done, can you share how you accessed the test? Is it enough for us to access ProProctor App when at the designated test time? I thought it wasn't clear on LSAC's instructions email and I'm having trouble getting in touch with the LSAC services team.
    Again, best of luck!!

edited August 2023 120 karma

You will receive an appointment confirmation email from Prometric. Towards the bottom of the email, there is a Link to Candidate Portal. You will click that to start. One thing that confused me this morning was that I clicked that link and followed all the prompts (including the ones for the days before the test) which re-downloaded the ProProctor Setup. This was confusing and wasted time. I should have just looked it up in my downloads, if that makes sense. I wasn't able to copy/paste my confirmation number in the slot, so you have to write that down, it's large. When it says waiting on Proctor, this can take a while. It took me over 20 minutes, and I saw on LSAC's website that it was a global issue for long waits. I hope that helps!
    After an hour and 45 minute wait with Prometric, I was able to reschedule for tomorrow morning! I am grateful and hope it goes smoothly! :)

• Jxoxo123Jxoxo123 Alum Member
    70 karma

So glad to hear that you were able to reschedule for tmrw morning!😊 Mine is then as well!! Fingers crossed for a smooth process and our best performances!!🙌

And thank you so much for the detailed explanation! It’s so helpful!! One last question: regarding your comment on how you would have saved time if you had looked up your downloads, did you mean that it would have been better to access the existing ProProctor App on your computer?

Thanks again!

120 karma

Yes. I should have accessed the existing app I had downloaded on my computer. It was very confusing. Today when I clicked on the link of processes to follow, I downloaded it again. I don’t think it caused any issues, but that certainly slowed me down. I hope that makes sense. Good luck tomorrow!

• evanescenceevanescence Core Member
    edited August 2023 194 karma

@amdhill08 My exam was scheduled at 8:30AM. Didn't get a proctor until 9:20AM. Then, after completing the security check-in, I waited over 2 hours and no proctor ("Loading Docket" on LawHub screen, and no responses through Chat). I called LSAC and they told me to call Prometric to get a proctor. Finally got ahold of Prometric and they made me exit out of the exam. Prometric told me I have to contact LSAC to reschedule and that I cannot take the exam later on today (currently 1:50PM my time). Problem is, I'm traveling out of the country tomorrow. Did LSAC reschedule you, or Prometric? I feel like neither side is helping me right now.

120 karma

I am sorry @evanescence! I basically wouldn’t take no for an answer and kept calling/chatting with both companies until someone would rescheduled me. Prometric rescheduled me. LSAC gave me this number 1-800-350-5517 and told me to tell them to reschedule me. That number is for the Prometric scheduling team. They original told me no, that I accessed the test and they wouldn’t let me. I told them I did not and that LSAC said they would resolve the issue. They transferred me to their customer care team and they rescheduled me without issue.
    One other thing, when I got through to LSAC and explained, they did give me the option to reschedule for October for free since I did not see the exam. That may be your best bet, @evanescence. I hope you get through and get answers today.

• itsemilyitsemily Core Member
    31 karma

Absolute nightmare waiting for proctors today. If you have a test time tomorrow, log on early. My test time was 9:30am, so I opened Prometric to start the check-in process at 9:05. I wasn't able to begin the test until 10:30 because I was waiting on a proctor, which I thought was bad enough, but then the break came and I wasn't able to get in contact with a proctor for about two hours. By 1:30 I had no idea if the proctors were backlogged or if the messages I was sending in the chat just weren't going through, so I decided to move on to the second half of the test. I finally finished the test, but honestly my score might be cancelled in the end. So incredibly upsetting.

120 karma

@itsemily what a mess! I’m trying not to stress about tomorrow, but today was such a disaster, I am concerned. I am sorry you experienced that. You can provide feedback to LSAC and definitely should. It’s under your registered dates.

• sharpkaysharpkay Alum Member
    edited August 2023 14 karma

My test was supposed to be at 12pm. I logged in early and had everything prepped and ready. It took an hour to get someone to do my security test. And then 3 hours of waiting for an actual proctor before I exited and tried to re-login. When I exited it and tried again around 4 it started to say my confirmation number was not valid anymore. So I restarted my computer. Once I got back in I waited 30 minutes for a room check and got disconnected from her then 30 minutes for another room check. Finally got into the test when 15 minutes in my proctor pauses the test and said there was an error and that I would have to start again. I’m not here this weekend. And I took off work for this. Not to mention I haven’t eaten anything since 10:30am. I am so frustrated and angry due to LSAC turning off there phones and Prometric only having a chat bot function that said there was no agents available.

• Genki BearGenki Bear Alum Member
    30 karma

Waited 3 hours with no proctor available to start my exam.

I lodged an email complaint through Prometric and I have been prompted to reschedule for tomorrow by the Prometric customer service team saying they updated my eligibility number though I don't know what the new one is. Tried my confirmation number on the rescheduling page but it aint working. Been queuing on the line for Prometric for an hour again with no news yet.

It is what it is though. So for those in sticky situations, what I gathered is:
    1) lodge an official test day complaint through your lsac account so they can put a hold on your test status. If you have any followups, people have been using this email too: LSACinfo@lsac.org

2) file a complaint through Prometric's website. If you're not exhausted yet, try calling Prometric on +1 (800) 360 - 5517. I've been waiting for hours. Though some limited amount of people were able to get through to them. Otherwise, it's unfortunate but we'll have to see how it goes.

I've heard that the LSAC board will give a reply within 72 hours of how they will deal with this, and hopefully we all get a fair solution!

Stay strong x

edited August 2023 194 karma

I'm so sorry to those of you experiencing anxiety, frustration, and dismay with today's ordeal with Prometric. From 8AM my heart has been racing, along with all the tears lol. I wish LSAC had really tested and flushed out all the logistics with Prometric before switching from ProctorU. I’m very salty at the fact that the provider was changed during this August administration!! I feel like I was used like a Guinea pig.

I’m praying for those writing tomorrow!! I hope none of you experience any problems with your proctors, or launching the exam etc.
    (I’ve submitted feedback, and still don’t have a resolution. Didn’t even get to start the test. It never loaded and a proctor never came back after the security/environment scan was approved).

Has anyone actually completed the full test today? If so, what were your thoughts? 😂 Trying to make light of the situation.

• CaitlinELinderCaitlinELinder Core Member
    76 karma

So sorry to everyone experiencing so many difficulties today!! Hope y’all are able to retake soon and all goes well! I missed the deadline to schedule my test remotely, so I took it in the testing center and I think it went well!

• bnich1005bnich1005 Alum Member
    24 karma

My proctor experience was an absolute disaster as well. I was scheduled for 10:30 and connected with a proctor at 11:30 to do a security check. After the check was completed, he told me I have to wait for a new proctor to connect to take my exam. I waited an additional 30 minutes and received a message saying I have to re-connect and do the security procedure again. I went through the security procedure for the 2nd time, reconnected with a proctor, and was finally able to start the test. Towards the end of the first section, my proctor messaged me asking if I was "okay" and I responded yes but never heard back.

At the start of the intermission, I asked to leave the room and sat there the entire 10 minutes waiting on a response and got nothing. I went ahead and completed the 2nd half of the test and submitted it. I am not sure if this test will be accepted or not but it was a terrible experience with Prometric.

• sucralosedaddysucralosedaddy Alum Member
    edited August 2023 310 karma

My test was scheduled at 3pm, stuck around till 4:30pm. I asked Dave Killoran @ powerscore what to do since it seemed like he was in contact with LSAC. He said to walk.

As I was exiting the app I finally got connected to a proctor. I thought about taking it, but ultimately decided against it, I was burned out from stressing out about everything and I had told my roommates my test window so they would have came home while I was mid-test.

I filed a complaint with LSAC prior to that so I guess I call them tomorrow or something to confirm and use this day to do a practice run of a PT.

Not sure if it was a good call or what LSAC is gonna say since I ultimately got connected and declined it, but considering I haven't even done a question and I'm exhausted I think I would have probably bombed it.

edited August 2023 120 karma

I took my rescheduled exam this morning. I logged in 30 minutes early. I used the previously downloaded ProProctor set up, but it showed it downloaded again? I was connected with a proctor almost immediately and everything went perfectly well until the end. After I completed my exam, I chatted to my proctor that I was done, they did not get on. LSAC automatically timed out or booted me after a few minutes? Not sure, but I got a pop up screen that said I was logged out. The chat box was gone, so I was unable to demonstrate that I ripped up my papers.
    A few things about the proctors--yesterday versus today. Yesterday, I had to show both sides of my tissues, today, they never asked. Yesterday, I had a necklace on, today I had to take it off. Yesterday, I had to show each sheet of paper, today I did not. Yesterday my bottle of water had a label, today I had to cut it off. Yesterday, I did not show under my chair, today I did. So it seems that they must have a checklist but maybe they only check a certain number of things? Not sure.
    Overall, I did submit a formal complaint with LSAT yesterday and will again today. I feel my performance was affected due to the stress of yesterday and the inability to test yesterday. I missed a trip planned with my family this weekend to stay home and take this today, since the people I talked with yesterday (both LSAC and Prometric) said I HAD to complete it yesterday or today. I was only able to select from time slots 7am, 7:30am, 5pm or 6pm today. I have taken my practice tests (over 20) between 8-10am. I could definitely tell I was tired and not as focused. I'm just disappointed and venting at this point. :neutral:
    I sincerely hope LSAC follows through on the email sent yesterday afternoon. I would like to retest later in the month. I hope ALL OF YOU receive successful outcomes!

• JoJo_the_OjOjJoJo_the_OjOj Alum Member
    46 karma

Ugh this test was a disaster. I was unable to take my test at all. I was scheduled for 2:30 on Friday, but I never was connected with a proctor (even after waiting for 3.5 hours!). It was awful. I hope they are able to reschedule me. Any advice on how to stay prepared/communicate with LSAC about rescheduling? Anybody in the same boat?

• thomaso3thomaso3 Alum Member
    16 karma

@JoJo_the_OjOj
    I would take a look at the subReddit for LSAT, you are definitely not alone in this!! Many people with phone numbers that they were given or what (lack of) help they received.

I haven't taken mine yet, but am a little nervous having seen so many stories with tech/proctor issues.

• jodieama-1jodieama-1 Alum Member
    edited August 2023 28 karma

@amdhill08 said:
    I took my rescheduled exam this morning. I logged in 30 minutes early. I used the previously downloaded ProProctor set up, but it showed it downloaded again? I was connected with a proctor almost immediately and everything went perfectly well until the end. After I completed my exam, I chatted to my proctor that I was done, they did not get on. LSAC automatically timed out or booted me after a few minutes? Not sure, but I got a pop up screen that said I was logged out. The chat box was gone, so I was unable to demonstrate that I ripped up my papers.
    A few things about the proctors--yesterday versus today. Yesterday, I had to show both sides of my tissues, today, they never asked. Yesterday, I had a necklace on, today I had to take it off. Yesterday, I had to show each sheet of paper, today I did not. Yesterday my bottle of water had a label, today I had to cut it off. Yesterday, I did not show under my chair, today I did. So it seems that they must have a checklist but maybe they only check a certain number of things? Not sure.
    Overall, I did submit a formal complaint with LSAT yesterday and will again today. I feel my performance was affected due to the stress of yesterday and the inability to test yesterday. I missed a trip planned with my family this weekend to stay home and take this today, since the people I talked with yesterday (both LSAC and Prometric) said I HAD to complete it yesterday or today. I was only able to select from time slots 7am, 7:30am, 5pm or 6pm today. I have taken my practice tests (over 20) between 8-10am. I could definitely tell I was tired and not as focused. I'm just disappointed and venting at this point. :neutral:
    I sincerely hope LSAC follows through on the email sent yesterday afternoon. I would like to retest later in the month. I hope ALL OF YOU receive successful outcomes!

I am in the same boat as you. Do you know if we can submit two formal complaints through LSAC for the August exam? I submitted one yesterday, but not sure if I can submit another one for today since technically it is the same exam. I am on hold with LSAC, but I understand their lines are super busy. Hopefully this can all be figured out soon!🙏🏼

• B_MaximumB_Maximum Core Member
    192 karma

Hi,
    Can someone confirm whether the test interface via Prometric is exactly the same as the interface via Lawhub's practice tests?

• inhai786inhai786 Alum Member
    18 karma

This is so absurd. I was scheduled to take at 11:30 am PST today and after waiting an hour for a proctor, I logged off and filed a complaint with LSAC. It is so unfair to make students wait longer than 5-10 minutes after their scheduled/agreed upon test time. Whatever retake they say they're going to offer, LSAC should NOT have people wait more than 5-10 minutes for a proctor at ANY time during the test, intermission, etc. This waiting really affects people's test-taking abilities and has an effect on performance. LSAC either needs to ENSURE that Prometric will not make people wait longer than 5-10 mins or USE A DIFF PROCTORING SERVICE! I had no issues waiting for a proctor with ProctorU at all!

• 2tUSSCs-1-1-1-12tUSSCs-1-1-1-1 Alum Member
    84 karma

This is why I tested in person. I didn't want to have to deal with problems like these. Sorry to hear about all of the delays and such for the remote version.

• ELPISTOLERO9ELPISTOLERO9 Alum Member
    285 karma

Ok y’all, like the rest I had to wait for over an hour. My situation was even worse because I got cleared just to get told to exit and log back in. Then…. Yes you guessed it I had to wait even more. Nonetheless, during that time I got hold of LSAC and was told that no test taker should wait for over 45 minutes and was instructed to file a complaint for a retake. So, if it’s happening to currently and you have waited for over 45 minutes, file a complaint and take it easy for today. It’s not worth it to add stress on an already stressful test.

• MTreigysMTreigys Core Member
    108 karma

@ELPISTOLERO9 said:
    Ok y’all, like the rest I had to wait for over an hour. My situation was even worse because I got cleared just to get told to exit and log back in. Then…. Yes you guessed it I had to wait even more. Nonetheless, during that time I got hold of LSAC and was told that no test taker should wait for over 45 minutes and was instructed to file a complaint for a retake. So, if it’s happening to currently and you have waited for over 45 minutes, file a complaint and take it easy for today. It’s not worth it to add stress on an already stressful test.

Just wanna be clear. If I waited over 45 minutes (which I did) I can likely ask for and receive a free retake?

• ELPISTOLERO9ELPISTOLERO9 Alum Member
    285 karma

@MTreigys said:

@ELPISTOLERO9 said:

Just wanna be clear. If I waited over 45 minutes (which I did) I can likely ask for and receive a free retake?

Yes, that’s what I’ve been told. Just note in the complaint description as well.

84 karma

Yeah, it looks essentially the same.

@B_Maximum said:
    Hi,
    Can someone confirm whether the test interface via Prometric is exactly the same as the interface via Lawhub's practice tests?

84 karma

So, I took the test today (at a testing center, thank god). I thought I did okay. I don't think I did as well as I did on my best prep-tests, but I think I probably got within at least two or three points of the lower bound of my typical range. Planning on retaking in October, but hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised by my score.

• sk8672sk8672 Core Member
    16 karma

Everything in LG was good until I saw that last game

194 karma

I truly think LSAC should just give us all 170s after this whole ordeal 😂

My exam never loaded and a proctor never came back (my exam was scheduled Friday morning at 8:30AM, and I waited until 2PM to try to start it). I typically struggle with LR. For those of you that were able to complete the test, how did you find LR?

• gracer801gracer801 Core Member
    13 karma

PLEASE #help

On August 11th, around 11 am, I waited about an hour for my proctor to begin the first section, among many other technical difficulties like having to log back out and back in. When it came time for the intermission between the 2nd and 3rd sections, my proctor never returned. They never permitted me to leave the room or start the third section, so I sat there (without my phone or anything) for another hour. I decided I was waiting for far too long and tried to start the third section, the Prometric immediately logged me out, and my computer went black. I was not able to get back in to finish my exam whatsoever.

I have tried to contact LSAC, but they haven't gotten back to me, and because it is the weekend, their phone line isn't available. I contacted the proctoring service, but they weren't helpful; he didn't understand the LSAT and how there were different sections. I sent two emails to LSAC support but have not received a response.

LSAC says that if I do not file a complaint within two days of my original LSAT date, I cannot reschedule. I am very concerned and stressed, I cannot find an option to file a complaint/or feedback ANYWHERE on my LSAC account next to my LSAT registrations. All it says is that the current status of my test is on hold. What should I do? My only choice is to reschedule the exam and I am worried that I am going to miss the deadline to do so.

edited August 2023 13 karma

@inhai786 said:
    This is so absurd. I was scheduled to take at 11:30 am PST today and after waiting an hour for a proctor, I logged off and filed a complaint with LSAC. It is so unfair to make students wait longer than 5-10 minutes after their scheduled/agreed upon test time. Whatever retake they say they're going to offer, LSAC should NOT have people wait more than 5-10 minutes for a proctor at ANY time during the test, intermission, etc. This waiting really affects people's test-taking abilities and has an effect on performance. LSAC either needs to ENSURE that Prometric will not make people wait longer than 5-10 mins or USE A DIFF PROCTORING SERVICE! I had no issues waiting for a proctor with ProctorU at all!

How do you file an official complaint? The instructions are telling me there should be an option by my LSAT registrations on my LSAC account, but I CANNOT find the option to file a complaint or report feedback anywhere. I swear I've looked for hours and I don't have the option to file a complaint or feedback on any page. Everyone else seems to be finding it and I do not know how. Please help. I have to file the complaint before tonight I believe.

• dpgold24dpgold24 Core Member
    edited August 2023 32 karma

Official Complaint Q for other people that had issues:

I was able to take my test (albeit with delays). A proctor was not available at the start of my second section after my first break (accommodation), so I started and was then interrupted to do the room & person scan. I lost about 3 minutes on the section in order to redo the scans.

https://www.lsac.org/lsat/lsat-test-day-complaints-and-feedback

I am weighing whether or not to file a complaint but have a ton of questions for the options LSAC lets you chose:
    1. Keep your LSAT score; can we see the score before deciding?
    2. Cancel your LSAT score and register for an LSAT administration during one of the next three LSAT administration periods;
    -can we see the score first?
    -will we be able to opt for the September LSAT even though registration is closed?

Last, LSAC says they may not have complaints resolved by the score release date (8/30). So is there a world where we launch a complaint & don't hear back until after the October LSAT registration deadline on 8/31 and then we are out of luck until Nov?

Any help appreciated & sorry to everyone else impacted!

• kdpt9876kdpt9876 Alum Member
    26 karma

@"2tUSSCs-1-1-1-1" said:
    This is why I tested in person. I didn't want to have to deal with problems like these. Sorry to hear about all of the delays and such for the remote version.

I have a standing accommodation and can't test in person. My testing experience Saturday was absolutely insane. I wish I could test in person.

• zferret8zferret8 Alum Member
    9 karma

Does anyone know how to file an official complaint through LSAC? I can't find the option anywhere, and it seems like the deadline to do so is coming up. The LSAC chat hasn't been very helpful either.

• RainyNightRainyNight Core Member
    edited August 2023 3 karma

@zferret8 login into LSAC, once on the home page scroll down to the section titled "LSAT Registrations." Under that, click the second option that says, "View LSAT Registrations & Statuses." Then under "My LSAT administrations" you will see a hyperlink that says, something like "File a formal test day complaint." Click on it and then just fill out that form and submit.

• brian.caobrian.cao Alum Member
    15 karma

My test was supposed to start at 11 AM PST on Friday. I logged in early and got on the page "a proctor will be with you shortly" before 11 AM. I knew something was up when I'm still on that page at 11:12. Waited for 4 hours, been in queue with Prometric for 3 hours and LSAC for 2 hours, and by the end of waiting in queue with Prometric, it just said that there are no agents available, for crying out loud.
    Rep from LSAC told me that they could reschedule me to Saturday, but apparently this was a system-wide thing, and the person told me that his shift just started 30 minutes ago and is still trying to figure out what is going on.
    But I wasn't surprised at all, not frustrated nor angry. After all, what can we expect from a proctoring service that bombed the registration process. Waited 3 hours in line to register and in the end was greeted with "no appointment available". The crap that people do to save a few bucks by choosing an inferior service.

• B_MaximumB_Maximum Core Member
    192 karma

Many of the experiences do not seem, to me, to be positive, and I am very sad to hear many of you experienced these technical difficulties. And, special thanks to 2tuss for the response to my post.

13 karma

@zferret8 said:
    Does anyone know how to file an official complaint through LSAC? I can't find the option anywhere, and it seems like the deadline to do so is coming up. The LSAC chat hasn't been very helpful either.

For me, the option to file a complaint wasn't on my LSAT registration's page. I was freaking out because I need to retake this exam in August. I had to call LSAC candidate services (I was on hold for around an hour) and they said it wasn't showing up because my test was on hold/it was flagged for issues. So if it says your test is on hold that may be why. After explaining my situation, the person on the phone said they would be able to file a complaint for me.

• JoJo_the_OjOjJoJo_the_OjOj Alum Member
    46 karma

@gracer801 omg sorry it was such a hassle for you. I am glad you got it figured out. I had problems filing a complaint as well. You are not alone.

• banks.joseph195-1banks.joseph195-1 Free Trial Member
    46 karma

Are we able to discuss test generalities yet, specifically for anyone who took the test in-person Saturday?

• Clemens_Clemens_ Live Member
    287 karma

@"banks.joseph195-1" said:
    Are we able to discuss test generalities yet, specifically for anyone who took the test in-person Saturday?

Can you share your experience testing in person? Any advice for retakers?

• 25924549452592454945 Alum Member
    9 karma

Are we allowed to discuss generally which section is scored and unscored?

• jocelyn.granadosjocelyn.granados Live Member
    edited August 2023 9 karma

I wanted to share my experience taking the test in person. The closest testing center was 2 hours away so I drove the night before since my test was early Saturday morning. When I went to bed, I started to feel a bit sick but shrugged it off because thought it was from traveling in the heat (102 degrees). The morning of the exam, I felt extremely worse (runny nose and headache) but the pros outweigh the cons so I went to take the exam. I read the guideliness and the testing center would provide Kleenex. I arrived 35 minutes early, used the restroom, and checked in. To my surprise, I was only allowed 2 Kleenex at a time and was told to raise my hand to ask more if needed (which was not mentioned online). Also, during the 10 minute break I barely had enough time to eat a snack, use the restroom, and return to my computer with 1 minute to spare (the process to re-enter the exam room takes some time, especially since there was multiple folks waiting). So, be conscious of time during your break. All this to say, I definitely preferred in-person testing to the virtual format due to the reliability of stable wifi, quiet space, and materials provided. The only thing I definitely would do different is to not take the exam while sick and bring ear plugs since people coming in/out, typing, etc can be distracting.

• banks.joseph195-1banks.joseph195-1 Free Trial Member
    46 karma

@Clemens_ said:

@"banks.joseph195-1" said:

Can you share your experience testing in person? Any advice for retakers?

Yes, it was relatively chill, but be ready for any possible disturbances because they may or may not occur. I experienced different people coming in and out at random times for what I assume were an assortment of different tests.(not that bad or too often, but be ready) A woman next to me had issues and had to have a proctor assist her right next to me UGH. But all things considered it wasn't too bad. At least where I tested in Alameda, CA, headphones were provided that blocked so much noise that you could only hear your heart if it races too fast. Still bring your own just in case, all test centers aren't the same. Good luck and I wish you the best on the test!

Approx 20 people in room spaced out at partitioned computer seats in my location.

• Clemens_Clemens_ Live Member
    287 karma

Any issues with the writing utensils? No need to bring anything / the centers provide scratch paper and pencils?

• corawilliams1101corawilliams1101 Alum Member
    edited August 2023 17 karma

@evanescence said:
    I truly think LSAC should just give us all 170s after this whole ordeal 😂

My exam never loaded and a proctor never came back (my exam was scheduled Friday morning at 8:30AM, and I waited until 2PM to try to start it). I typically struggle with LR. For those of you that were able to complete the test, how did you find LR?

I was only able to take the first two sections as I got disconnected from the proctor and never was able to get a new one. I thought the LR went surprisingly well for me - and that's usually the section I struggle the most with. I doubt they will use the same test for the retest but I hope it's just as easy! I also think they should give us all 170s🤣 good luck!

120 karma

Did anyone else choose to retest this weekend? I am retesting Saturday online.

• MTreigysMTreigys Core Member
    108 karma

I found the RC pretty fun to read for the most part in all honesty. Hope for the same next test lol.

• mikalyn.greenzweigmikalyn.greenzweig Live Member
    503 karma

@MTreigys Same! I had 2 RC sections and thought both did a good job at keeping my attention. Some of the best RC I've seen in a while.