129--->157

My first official LSAT score was 129. Not a diagnostic literally an official 129 5 years ago while I was a senior in college in 2018. 129-139-145-149-145-157!!!! Don’t ever give up! I literally watched so many friends and colleagues of mine get into and graduate from Law School before I could even get a LSAT score in the 150s. I felt like such a failure. Do not give up ever!!! The test is learnable it can be done. Thank y’all for all the tips.

Comments

• rdyoung12rdyoung12 Alum Member
    306 karma

Congratulations!

• morae.2010morae.2010 Alum Member
    43 karma

Omg congratulations, I am trying to get to a 157, what are some tips that helped you reach that score (any tips would help, I keep averaging at a 152)

• amdhill08amdhill08 Alum Member
    120 karma

@terrencejames004
    Congrats! What an amazing accomplishment!

• camjanewo-1camjanewo-1 Live Member
    11 karma

Congratulations!!!

• Richard WaldnerRichard Waldner Core Member
    8 karma

I went from a 143 to a 121. But all this tells me is I'm not taking it as seriously as i should. I still won't give up.

• fmuhy001fmuhy001 Core Member
    13 karma

this is amazing, very inspirational!! wish you the best in your future law career! congratulations!

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

Congratulations on your remarkable progress! Your determination and hard work truly paid off, and your story is truly inspiring. We're glad to have been part of your journey, and we wish you continued success on your path to Law School!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14044 karma

Wow, that's incredible. Congratulations and watch out law schools!

• addison101220addison101220 Core Member
    56 karma

Congrats!!! (:

• desiree.estrada67desiree.estrada67 Core Member
    23 karma

Congratulations! Thank you this is something I need to hear after the August score release. Much appreciated!

• terrencejames004terrencejames004 Live Member
    43 karma

@"morae.2010" Sure no problem. What are you struggle with the most right now ? For me I tried to get the games down but I kept getting like -3. I did get -0 a couple of times but on my PTs the best I got was -3. But I would start there since its the easiest. For RC read the passages and take notes on your scratch paper. A 157 is an avg of 17 right a section so you could strategically attack the passages based on what you think is the easiest for you first. You dont have to go in order. LR was my hardest section but figure out which question type you are struggling with the most and then drill that question type. Loophole in LR is also helpful although I personally didnt improve that much from it. Also always always always make sure you are practicing the PTs with 4 sections and not 3. Try to switch up the exp section and then give yourself a range of scores. For example: say I am taking PT 83. PT 83 has 4 sections but two LR only. Change the version from 4-3 then add in an extra section of LR,RC or LG. That way you are prepared when you take the actual exam for Either two LR/RC/or LG. Then when you grade it you should get two scores. So say I had 4 sections 1 LR, 1 RC and 2 LG I know one of my LG scores is experimental so I would grade it based on 1 LR, 1 RC and 1 LG and then grade the other LG and I will have two scores and that will give me a range of scores. Hope that makes sense feel free to DM me with any more questions.

Also thank you everyone !!

• liujaydenkliujaydenk Alum Member
    8 karma

Congrats

• LanaB1029LanaB1029 Alum Member
    14 karma

Thank you for the encouragement! All glory to God! Congratulation!!!

• hendrickshendricks Live Member
    324 karma

Great work, man! Inspiring!

• arielnaghiarielnaghi Core Member
    22 karma

Congrats!!!

• Char BarbieChar Barbie Live Member
    50 karma

Congratulations I feel the same, finally making progress as well!