Core Curriculum v2 - only 94 hours…

Lawyerpillar25Lawyerpillar25 Core Member
in General 33 karma

Hello Everyone. I decided today that I would push back my LSAT date to August rather than June. I decided to do this because I am not that good at Logic Games and would rather spend more time practicing the LR and RC sections. With this being the case, I was so excited to see that there was a v2 of the core curriculum that focused on LR and RC. However, when looking at the “Learn” section of 7Sage, I noticed that there is only 94 hours of content instead of the hundreds of hours of content that was there in v1.

How do you all feel about the v2 Core Curriculum and more specifically do you think it will be a better option than v1’s Logic Games and Reading Comp sections?

Comments

• PuffinboizPuffinboiz Core Member
    12 karma

LSAT is actually removing the Logic Games sections starting August 2024! So if you've pushed it back to August, you can probably just skip practicing LG entirely since you wont have it on your test anyway

• Lawyerpillar25Lawyerpillar25 Core Member
    33 karma

@Puffinboiz I understand this. This is why I am pushing it back so I can spend more time on LR and RC instead of taking the LSAT in June and perhaps not getting the score I want and realize that I could have spent more time studying LR and RC.

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14060 karma

@Lawyerpillar25 There are two reasons for this.

First, CC v1 included a ton of Problem Sets. In v2, we removed those because we included the Drill feature which is better than the static Problem Sets.

Second, CC v1 included all of the PrepTests which is unrealistic. In v2, we're including only a handful of PTs in the Syllabus. You can still take all the PTs if you want. You'll just access them on the PrepTest page, not the Syllabus page.