Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Improvement in 7 Weeks

TRAPPEDUNDERLSATTRAPPEDUNDERLSAT Alum Member
in General 115 karma

Been studying since August, PT in low 150’s and best is a 157. Realistically, what kind of improvement can I expect for the January LSAT? Obviously no one can give an exact number, but I’d like to have an idea of what I could expect to be scoring in that timeframe. Any input is appreciated.

Comments

• saraensimpsonsaraensimpson Live Member
    edited November 2023 98 karma

I am still waiting for my November lsat score, but judging from just my PTs, I've jumped 10+ in about 3 months. I did put a lot of consistent time in, and really utilized taking PTs to be able to see what question types I needed to work on. As I saw which question types were either improving or not, I went back to the core coursework/syllabus section and really put intentional time into breaking them down, keeping a wrong answer journal to really make myself consider where I was going wrong rather than assuming I read the question too fast etc, and would pin all the questions I got wrong. That way as I practiced, I could quiz myself on a bank of questions I struggled with until I could really grasp where I had went wrong and prevent myself from making the same mistake. I did a lot of work on 1-3 star of the specific question types during this, and as I got stronger incorporated higher levels of the challenging questions until I could do drills of 10-15 of that question type, 4-5 star questions and get them all correct under timed conditions etc.
    Overall, trust the process, return to the basics when you notice you're struggling in a specific area, and for me, it gave me a lot of confidence on test day knowing I was drilling 5 star questions mostly--- it made the test sections seem so much more feasible!
    Good luck!!!