Online annotating / highlighting

Are there any examples of how you annotate and highlight passages on the actual online test. Since all the explanation videos I see involve writing directly on the passage, they do not seem that helpful for the real test.

Comments

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    614 karma

@dominicfragale5 Unfortunately, on the screen of the LSAC Digital Tester, there is no pen option where you can make freehand annotations. However, the platform lets you search a word, highlight, underline, flag questions, and eliminate answers. Here is a sample screenshot of what the LSAC Digital Tester looks like:

You can log in to your LawHub account and take a PrepTest using their Digital Tester so you can get familiar with the actual interface that you will use during the test day.

I hope that helped! Let me know if you have further questions.

• yhtkimyhtkim Core Member
    222 karma

@"Mary - Student Service" said:
    @dominicfragale5 Unfortunately, on the screen of the LSAC Digital Tester, there is no pen option where you can make freehand annotations. However, the platform lets you search a word, highlight, underline, flag questions, and eliminate answers. Here is a sample screenshot of what the LSAC Digital Tester looks like:

You can log in to your LawHub account and take a PrepTest using their Digital Tester so you can get familiar with the actual interface that you will use during the test day.

I hope that helped! Let me know if you have further questions.

Are you able to search for words during the actual test? I took the LSAT April this year, and I don't remember there being this function.

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited November 2023 614 karma

@yhtkim Yes, you can search for words or find text during the actual LSAT. This change started with the August 2023 test. The previous LSATs (before August 2023) don't have the search function in the digital tester.

You can check out our post about the update on the LSAC digital tester here: Changes to keyboard commands for the LSAT in 2023-2024.

• lawandyodalawandyoda Live Member
    178 karma

@"Mary - Student Service" what do you suppose the font style law hub uses is? Thanks in advance!

• yhtkimyhtkim Core Member
    222 karma

@"Mary - Student Service" said:
    @yhtkim Yes, you can search for words or find text during the actual LSAT. This change started with the August 2023 test. The previous LSATs (before August 2023) don't have the search function in the digital tester.

You can check out our post about the update on the LSAC digital tester here: Changes to keyboard commands for the LSAT in 2023-2024.

Thank you for the clarification!