Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! What can I do to improve?

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some tough advice at this point. I have been prepping for the January LSAT for about 4 months now, and have got one month left to go before I take the test. My goal score is 170, and I am currently testing at an average of163 timed, 170 BR, although I have gotten a 171 on PT 55 timed. All other timed tests are at about 160-165. What can I do to reach my goal score by January? For some background, I have the luxury this month to dedicate as many hours a day as I want to test prep, and this is my only focus for the next 30 days. I'm taking some time off work, and I've already finished my undergraduate year 4 fall semester.

I am familiar with all of the core curriculum on 7sage, and have read the PowerScore books as well. I would say my weakest section is reading comprehension. Sometimes I can get a -3 or -4 on the section, other times I get a -9 or -10 and I can't figure out why. I average about -4 on LR and -0 to -4 on LG. Because of the inconsistencies on my practice tests, I am looking for any tips on how I can achieve my goal, and be brutal! I am willing to do whatever it takes.

I guess I really struggle with RC because I find it so boring, lol (i know, who doesn't). I also have a tendency to overestimate how well I have done, and when I get a score back that is lower than what I wanted, I feel like my confidence gets shaken. I am already aware that I have to really spend the time doing BR and not get frustrated, but I guess I'm looking for some concrete methods than you guys can recommend to me!

Comments

• Kate BloomKate Bloom Alum Member
    49 karma

I am in the same boat except I am continuously scoring 151, and my blind review score is 163. I have gone through all of PowerScore materials, all of 7Sage, and have even met with a tutor for many hours. How do I improve my score? Any help is appreciated.

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    edited December 2023 802 karma

-0 LG! You're already averaging -0 to -4 so foolproofing over this next month will probably get you more consistent. I would say also to drill a lot of RC and do some untimed work to make sure you are consistent. Getting a 170 is likely if you go -0 LG/-4 LR/-3 RC.