Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Applying After January Test

I am taking the January LSAT and plan on having all of my applications submitted before the end of Jan as soon as my exam is over. I am applying to all the CA schools, but am curious...are my chances of getting accepted exponentially lower than fall applicants since I'm applying later in the cycle? If anyone has experience or insight on this please share! Thanks!

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8480 karma

You will see effects, though perhaps less severe due to the slowness of this cycle. Some schools, particularly higher ranked ones, will have their classes locked in. I'd expect more WL's that would have been A's earlier on. Also if this is your only score, your apps won't be complete until the score posts in February. So lower, yes. Exponentially, no. And not to say you can't have a great outcome... I'm at a T14 via a February app. But be prepared to reapply if necessary.

• sjreyessjreyes Core Member
    11 karma

I spoke to some deans of California schools about this same concern, and even Harvard's dean; they all expressed that due to the issues from the August LSAT, a lot of applicants are waiting till January this cycle (I am too!)! Do not stress :)!

• on_the_brinkon_the_brink Alum Member
    49 karma

Thank you both!