Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

please help. getting mid PTs150s, taking feb lsat

rileyscriv26rileyscriv26 Alum Member
in General 40 karma

I'm not focused on getting into a t30 school, I don't care all too much about where I go as long as its in the midwest. I have a 3.85 GPA. Everyone says that getting under 160 means I am missing fundamentals. what do I do to fix this? I have went over the fundamentals in 7sage already, did powerscore bibles. i've been studying while working and full time school for 2 months. diagnostic was a 142. pls someone get me to 160. and if anyone has taken later lsats and applied the same year cycle, i need some motivation. i know its not ideal, im doing it anyways.

Comments

• epierceyepiercey Core Member
    8 karma

I am in the same boat. I am working full time and taking lsat in Feb. I've been studying for about 5 weeks and i've taken 2 full PT's. My first diagnostic was a 148 and after that I started 7sage. Got mostly through the core and took another timed PT and scored a 151 (pretty discouraging). The median score for the school I want is a 155. I'm thinking if I can get a high 150's, low 160's, then I should be (hopefully) in a safe spot.

My LG section is -11, RC is -12, and LR is -8.

Since it sounds like the LG is the most improvable I am changing my studying to drilling 2 LG sections a day + BR + explanation vids . and 1 LR or RC section a day + BR (then analytics of the concepts I'm missing).

I think if I improve my LG section to a -3 or -4 and improve my RC and LR by 1-3 questions correctly then I should be able to score 158-161.

• rileyscriv26rileyscriv26 Alum Member
    40 karma

Thanks for responding, I really feel like I am alone when reading these forums and being on reddit. My LG is 5 to 7. RC is 10-14. LG is 10. I think if I really just key in on LG, I can get 160s. But idk if it would be easier to focus on that, or focus on RC. I haven't really studied much RC because alot of people say there isnt much improvement, and i dont have time to spend on sections where i will only see a couple point improvement. My reach is UWMadison.

• lucasjameszieglerlucasjamesziegler Core Member
    380 karma

Greetings Y'all! You are not going to want to hear this, but you need to expand out your timeline on studying. I started at 141 2 years ago and it took me 18 months to get to 157 official. Now I am finally up to the high 160's after 24 months of studying and taking the exam for a third time in January. This test takes time to learn, their are no shortcuts.

For LG just focus on fool-proofing the games
    LR focus on getting 100% correct on the first 10-15 questions before really trying to get to questions 15-25
    RC I would recommend doing a ton of passages un-timed to learn what RC passages are asking you. It is a different way of reading that still trips me up. I average -4/-6 typically but still get hit with a -10 here and there if I start reading like I am in college again.