Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a way to take an LSAT without the LG?

ringwaldc12ringwaldc12 Core Member
in Logic Games 6 karma

Is there a way we can take an LSAT and get a valid score back. I am taking the LSAT in August so obviously there will not be LG on that section.

Comments

• acoldeiraacoldeira Free Trial Member
    4 karma

I am also wondering this...

• nmoyer1982nmoyer1982 Alum Member
    90 karma

I think there's a way on 7Sage to take a prep test with only LR and RC, no LG.

• gbv215gbv215 Live Member
    92 karma

There is a way. On some prep tests (e.g. 85), there's a drop down where you can select the august LSAT version (LR, LR, RC).

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited February 2 650 karma

Hi @ringwaldc12 @acoldeira @nmoyer1982, yes, we've updated our testing platform to include the option to practice the newly structured August 2024 LSAT format (LR/LR/RC). Now, when you're taking a prep test, you can choose from the following versions:

Legacy: The classic Preptest format (LG/LR/RC).
    Current: the modern, 3-section LSAT (LG/LR/RC), which will remain in use until June 2024.
    August 2024: The upcoming, revised LSAT format with double LR sections is set to become standard starting with the August 2024 exam.

You can select the new test format on the Digital Tester by following the steps below:
    1. Navigate to PrepTests: https://7sage.com/preptests/.
    2. Select the PrepTest you wish to take from the list.
    3. Tap the dropdown menu beside the PrepTest name.
    4. Select from the options, August 2024 3-section LSAT
    5. Tap the “Start” button.

Please see the sample GIF below:

Note that since PrepTests 90, 91, 92, 93, and 94 are in the modern/current LSAT format, which has 3 scored sections and 1 variable experimental section (can be either LR, RC, or LG), the LG section can't be removed from these tests because LSAC released it in such a way that one of the sections is experimental for either LR, RC, or LG.

You can learn more about the changes in our blog here: https://7sage.com/the-new-lsat/

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!