Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spam Discussion Posts, Free Trial Users

il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Core Member
in General 275 karma

feedback 7sage might want to consider not letting free trial users post discussions or if they posts should be approved first. I've seen tons of spam posts about selling substances and offering strange services.

Comments

• Wisdom - Student ServiceWisdom - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited February 22 324 karma

Hi @il-legally-brunette ,

Thank you for your feedback and insight! Please know that while we take the safety and integrity of our platform seriously and have measures in place to regulate and control the discussion forum, occasionally, inappropriate content may slip through. Your vigilance helps us maintain a safe learning environment, which I greatly appreciate.

Rest assured, I have passed your feedback along to our product team for further consideration. If you come across any such content in the future, please don't hesitate to report it, and we'll address it as soon.

Thank you!

• missjurisdocmissjurisdoc Live Member
    774 karma

so true, we don't want any poor souls to become victim to any scams

• il-legally-brunetteil-legally-brunette Core Member
    275 karma

@missjurisdoc said:
    so true, we don't want any poor souls to become victim to any scams

Exactly! It's not a bother to me, but I'd hate to see someone put themselves in a bad situation or for 7sage to have issues

• missjurisdocmissjurisdoc Live Member
    774 karma

Yeah, I had noticed the same but didn't speak out. I'm glad you made this post🙏🙏 @il-legally-brunette

• rdyoung12rdyoung12 Alum Member
    edited February 23 306 karma

A good compromise would be to create a new "tier" of user - perhaps something like a "legacy" or "alumni" user for users whose subscriptions have lapsed. I doubt spammers would fall into the Legacy category. Either way it won't be the end of the world if I'm not able to post here anymore.

I haven't noticed any spam personally but that's not to say it's not a problem. I like to think I have something to contribute, here and there, despite that my LSAT studies have concluded and I no longer have a 7Sage subscription.

• alexaleknazalexaleknaz Alum Member
    80 karma

@rdyoung12 Are you implying you're not able to make new discussions as an Alum? If so, that's... very weird on the part of 7Sage