Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transitioning to the new LSAT format

Nora MillerNora Miller Member Administrator
in General 406 karma

There have been some questions about how to approach studying for the new LSAT format! If you're wondering about the difference between PTs 1–94 and PTs 101–158, here's a post walking you through it.

I know this all might be a little confusing! Feel free to comment below if you have any questions.

Comments

• Araopatel27Araopatel27 Live Member
    5 karma

If we plan to take the LSAT on or after Aug 2024, which practice tests should we focus on? Thanks

• Gracie.ewalsGracie.ewals Live Member
    3 karma

Logical Reasoning and Reading sections

• Nora MillerNora Miller Member Administrator
    406 karma

@Araopatel27 said:
    If we plan to take the LSAT on or after Aug 2024, which practice tests should we focus on? Thanks

You can use either set of practice tests to study for the post-August test, but I'd recommend using 101–158—that way, you can practice using an experimental section.

• weil ill be damnedweil ill be damned Core Member
    40 karma

Are the new prep tests scored with an experimental section in mind? In other words, is one of the four sections experimental, and if so, is it excluded from the score?

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    648 karma

@"weil ill be damned" Yes, one of the four sections in the new PrepTests (101-158) is experimental and will not be included in your score.

• YanfieldYanfield Live Member
    4 karma

Will the 101 - 158 prep tests be printable?
    The ‘view as pdf’ option is not currently available for the new prep tests on my account…

• qmekhi23qmekhi23 Core Member
    4 karma

For some reason, the new PTs don't let me blind review. After completing the text the top right label says "Show Questions" and I'm not able to click on any answers after the fact when I go into each section.

• Agnes - Student ServiceAgnes - Student Service Member Moderator
    56 karma

@Yanfield

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, the tests in the August 2024 format (PTs 101–158) are not currently available for download/print. The print PDF option is only available for old tests (PTs 1-94).

In the meantime, to print out PTs 101–158, which are reformatted PTs, you'll need to switch the version of your Drill Page to "Current (with Logic Games)." Then, navigate to the Advanced Builder drill, locate the sections equivalent to PTs 101–158, and print those sections.

You can use this table as a guideline: Mapping old sections to new

Just so you know, the password for the PDFs is your 7Sage account email address. See the example screenshot below:

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. I'm here to help!

• Agnes - Student ServiceAgnes - Student Service Member Moderator
    56 karma

@qmekhi23

Hi there,

Thank you for letting us know and I am sorry for the trouble.

I sent you an email to address the issue. Please check your email inbox!