Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official June 2024 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
in June 2024 LSAT 1516 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official June 2024 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the June 2024 LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, June 11th.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the June 2024 LSAT!

Please keep all discussions of the June 2024 LSAT here!

Comments

• nicholas.leon96nicholas.leon96 Alum Member
    138 karma

Took yesterday and overall had a decent time with the actual test but I had THREE SEPARATE PROCTOR ISSUES. Not sure if it’s fair to call them proctor issues, but 3 glitches nonetheless. I think I handled them well, mostly because I knew my specific issues weren’t going to affect my allotted time, but let this be a warning to you all, test glitches can happen and they can happen TO YOOOOUUU (ghost emoji ghost emoji ghost emoji), so you better have a strategy to cope. In my case I had taken the test three previous times with zero issue, and of course this last time with the most on the line, I had these issues.

As for the test itself I felt prepared. This was my final time taking the test, I made significant improvements in my logic games skills in the past few months and I think it really showed on the test. One of the duplicate sections was light work no reaction didn’t even take a sip of my diet coke, so I think that one was the experimental one. I hate to predict positive results in anything I do, it feels like jinxing myself, but I’m not afraid to say that I think this was my strongest showing on the test by far and I scored higher than my previous high of 162. Best of luck to you if you’ve yet to take it; and to all those who have, rest easy now, crack a cold one, it’s the weekend.

• JurisDorktorateJurisDorktorate Core Member
    edited June 7 106 karma

Took the June '24 as my second take after taking April '24.

On both occasions, I had to exit Prometric after being checked in and relaunch in order for LawHub to launch properly, which meant checking in a second time. Aside from this admin issue, I didn't run into any issues once the testing began. Dealing with a second check in is slightly nerve-racking, but definitely better than being interrupted mid test.

Overall, both tests felt very similar in difficulty to the later PT's in my opinion. I had been scoring in the low 160's very consistently and April wound up being two points higher than my highest PT with a 164. Going into the June test, my latest PT was a 165, fingers crossed on a 166+

• joshua941019joshua941019 Alum Member
    76 karma

Goodbye LG.

• evvomed4evvomed4 Core Member
    22 karma

Hey all,

I was kicked out of the virtual exam room eight (8) times during the exam, twice during each section, at roughly 15-20 minute intervals. After the eighth time, the Prometric system said that if I 'abandoned' the test again, I wouldn't be allowed to rejoin and finish it. As a result, I had to rush through the final section and guess on half of the questions just to guarantee that I finished before getting kicked again. I have no idea why it happened. It could have been connectivity issues, but I work from home twice a week with no issues and even upgraded my home internet to 5G before the test specifically for this reason. Regardless of the cause, I was kicked out of the test midsection, forced to rejoin the test, and go through the security/screening process 8 times, which obviously wasn't ideal for doing well. 
    It's a long shot, but do you know if I have any options regarding whether I can get this test expunged, retake it, or even take the issue up with LSAC or Prometric? I'm not hopeful of anything, but I'd appreciate any help or advice you all could have. 

• nicholas.leon96nicholas.leon96 Alum Member
    138 karma

@evvomed4 said:
    It's a long shot, but do you know if I have any options regarding whether I can get this test expunged, retake it, or even take the issue up with LSAC or Prometric? I'm not hopeful of anything, but I'd appreciate any help or advice you all could have. 

I think you should definitely take this up with LSAC. I've heard of people getting retakes for less reasons than this.

• lulu_laralulu_lara Live Member
    4 karma

I saw the statement we had to read aloud (remotely) before each section… anyone else? Between section 1&2, I assumed it was a glitch with Prometric and just went on without reading aloud. Saw it again between section 2&3 and completely freaked out, and it distracted me so I think I bombed that :(. I asked the proctor after section 3 if this was a problem and they said it was fine! So I felt more relieved for the final section and kicking myself for not asking earlier.

But wow, I was so unprepared for that throwing me off my game!

• wimoeller71wimoeller71 Alum Member
    79 karma

@joshua941019 said:
    Goodbye LG.

Glad I got 2 chart games for games 3 and 4 on June. Still better than a straight LR and RC test but that was dirty for the last logic games test.

• cmaturacmatura Member
    edited June 10 19 karma

Still kicking myself after narrowing the last question of the last logic game down to two answers with 30 seconds left, seeing I had both answers in my outlines, had to chart out the possibilities I hadn't thought of, and as the section time expired I realized I for sure had it wrong :( Struggled a bit on the LR, but overall I feel much more confident coming out of this than the April LSAT which I took with little studying. Hopefully my score reflects my confidence fingers crossed emoji. Hoping for less than -4 on LG and an average -5 or so on the LR and RC each

• shawnkj76shawnkj76 Free Trial Member
    1 karma

Someone, please offer suggestions on what to do to pass the time waiting on scores? I'm so nervous.

• peezusmcgeepeezusmcgee Core Member
    174 karma

@shawnkj76 said:
    Someone, please offer suggestions on what to do to pass the time waiting on scores? I'm so nervous.

study more

• LSAT 170 PLUS MBTLSAT 170 PLUS MBT Core Member
    22 karma

The only reason I took the Jun test was LG, but also didn't want to cancel it even if I knew I was not well prepared for it. A good one for PT, though.
    Finished writing test yesterday. Working on the Aug. test now for 170+.

• markmywordsmarkmywords Core Member
    292 karma

Can we finally talk about that damn honey bee question?

• cmaturacmatura Member
    19 karma

@markmywords said:
    Can we finally talk about that damn honey bee question?

oh yeah lmao i forgot about that

• m88127357m88127357 Live Member
    7 karma

How did people approach the successful businessmen listen to their employees question? The prompt was a sufficient question "The conclusion follows logically from the premises if which one of the following is assumed?"
    but the answer that seemed to make most sense was a necessary assumption so I was stumped 🙈