Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⭐️ Official June 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread ⭐️

studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
edited June 2018 in June 2018 LSAT 1421 karma

Hey guys!

Here's the official June 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread. Please keep all discussions of the June 2018 LSAT here!

We know that everyone will be excited to discuss what was on the June 2018 LSAT, but here are some ground rules:

:warning: Don't mention specifics about the test! (e.g., "I got B for question 6" or "the 3rd LG was sequencing")
It can get both us and you in a lot of trouble!

:warning: Saying that the test was hard/easy is okay, but anything more specific is not okay!

:warning: The only exception: you can say which sections were real or experimental. For example, asking questions like “Was the LG with "flowers" experimental?” is okay. You can say “The LG section with "flowers" was real!” But you cannot say “the 3rd game of the real section was In/Out game.

TL;DR: PLEASE don't talk specifics about June 2018 LSAT!

Have fun discussing!

Comments

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma

I want to wish everyone all the best on the LSAT today! It has been my pleasure to know many of you. Your hard work and dedication will pay off today! I look forward hearing about your success!

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

Good luck everyone!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

7Sagers are going to slay it today!

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Best of luck to everyone on the calls, I'm rooting for all of you!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

woo-hoo! let the partay begin!!

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Good luck!!!

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

Good luck with PT 84. You all know what to do when you see it.

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2279948/ipWW8ZafqTAqc.gif

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Good luck everyone!

You guys are gonna kill it. We all know how stressful this day can be, but just remember that you've done the hard part of the study grind and this is just you showing off your awesomeness!

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

You guys got this! You prepped and prepped and prepped. Time to go get what is rightfully yours :)

• pagarbeepagarbee Free Trial Member
    10 karma

2 LG sections. One had a beer game. Another had one about bonds.

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

Bonds is the real one. Which RC was experimental?

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    774 karma

I had one RC section. Something about global warming and sulphates

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

First 3 lg games were ridiculously easy and last game not so much.

774 karma

Yeah LG actually wasn't terrible. No surprises. They made up for the difficulty in RC, imo

• ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
    455 karma

Yeah I had 3 LR and 1 RC haha. Got the sulfates passage too. RC was the only section I didn’t feel great about- thought LR and games weren’t that bad! Shouldn’t speak too soon though haha

774 karma

So real game: bonds
    Real RC: global warming, sulphate thing. Also something about jaws? A lot of science actually

455 karma

The beer LG section must’ve been experimental. I only had the bonds section (that game was so messy but not too bad once you strip it down)

774 karma

@ATLsat_2019 said:
    Yeah I had 3 LR and 1 RC haha. Got the sulfates passage too. RC was the only section I didn’t feel great about- thought LR and games weren’t that bad! Shouldn’t speak too soon though haha

Oof brutal. I got lucky with two LG

edited June 2018 455 karma

@teamteamvicster I definitely was hoping to see 2 LG sections but none of the LR actually felt tooo bad!

• lsatjesslsatjess Member
    23 karma

I had two LG sections. Was the museum logic game real or experimental?? I don’t remember the bonds... I do remember one about nominations and mayors/councilors

• amatthews304amatthews304 Alum Member
    215 karma

@ATLsat_2019 i also had 3 LR! Didn't think they were too bad either but definitely got a little psyched out on the first one (all I remember is that it had like 5 point of disagreement questions which I thought was a little unusual).

• 16st5116st51 Member
    30 karma

had 3 LR. One right after the break. It had 1 question about the mayor raising taxes/road development (I think). anyone know if this was experimental?

774 karma

I had the mayor question. That one was real.

• TigerDenTigerDen Alum Member
    edited June 2018 59 karma

Was the logic games section with the months and something about W X Y Z, the experimental or the real one? It was the last question of the LG.

• 32 karma

the W X Y Z also had the gamepieces of F G H L

edited June 2018 59 karma

was the real game the one that had September, October and November as the months in that question?

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

The two real LR sections were both 25 questions each. I had experimental LG and don't recall seeing the months game.

59 karma

something about September, October and November? I think it was about theaters not too sure though.

• KevinA14KevinA14 Alum Member
    edited June 2018 71 karma

T.rex LR was real

71 karma

@ataraska

The real one was the 5yr 10yr bond games

• ttoledo86ttoledo86 Alum Member
    3 karma

The W X Y Z LG was real. I had 3 LR ugh!

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    edited June 2018 737 karma

The bonds game was the only one I didn't finish in the real LG section, so I definitely improved in LG this time, which is nice. Hopefully that will translate to a better score. I think I figured out the diagram for bonds, but I just couldn't seem to make many inferences and I ran out of time. I'm not sure if I should've just went straight to brute-forcing it faster, or what. I had an experimental LG and it just seemed brutal to me. I had to guess on the last two games, and was pretty scared that that would be the real LG, so that kind of threw me off going into my second LR section I think. Having RC as my first section today was tough. I would've preferred to have it as the second or third section probably. Agreed with others about RC - seemed to be fairly tough today.

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    edited June 2018 589 karma

yeah real games was the one with WXYZ and the bonds. I had three LR as well...brutal just in the fact that it's so much LR but I didn't find any of the three sections to be crazy difficult. Hard to know how I feel about this test haha. Unfortunately the last game on LG kind of tripped me up so I had to guess on two questions because I ran out of time. Otherwise not too bad. Don't know how to feel about RC.

737 karma

@LindsMitch said:
    yeah real games was the one with WXYZ and the bonds. I had three LR as well...brutal just in the fact that it's so much LR but I didn't find any of the three sections to be crazy difficult. Hard to know how I feel about this test haha. Unfortunately the last game on LG kind of tripped me up so I had to guess on two questions because I ran out of time. Otherwise not too bad. Don't know how to feel about RC.

I feel about the same I think. The wetlands question in LR was really tough I thought. There were some weird ones. Overall it wasn't terrible, though.

• Tonyk215Tonyk215 Alum Member
    123 karma

@39845892535 said:

@LindsMitch said:

I feel about the same I think. The wetlands question in LR was really tough I thought. There were some weird ones. Overall it wasn't terrible, though.

Do you remember more of what the wetlands question asked. I don’t remember it.

737 karma

@Tonyk215 said:

@39845892535 said:

@LindsMitch said:

Do you remember more of what the wetlands question asked. I don’t remember it.

Don't think we can discuss that. Sorry.

2038 karma

Yeah, wetlands gave me a lot of trouble too and so did power plants. @39845892535

589 karma

I think the power plant and wetlands questions were hard for me too...but I have the absolute worst memory for LR questions. I've like blocked them all out haha.What were the RC passages - cooked food/teeth, sulfates/global warming, literature genres...what was the fourth?

edited June 2018 737 karma

@LindsMitch said:
    I think the power plant and wetlands questions were hard for me too...but I have the absolute worst memory for LR questions. I've like blocked them all out haha.What were the RC passages - cooked food/teeth, sulfates/global warming, literature genres...what was the fourth?

It was about interviewing witnesses.

589 karma

@39845892535 said:

It was about interviewing witnesses.

Oh yeah! Man I wish I could remember which passage I found to be most difficult but I just can't haha.

• MackenzieSMackenzieS Member
    edited June 2018 18 karma

I hope it went well for everyone!!

I had two RC sections. The first I honestly cannot recall which passage fell into which section haha. But I know the one thad to do with development of culture for an African American group which experienced isolation, then another was about two types of witness testimony ex: hypnosis and one other. And the last passage of this section was about the difference between science fiction and biographies... or something along those lines haha. Would this be the experimental section? I am hoping not cause I def bombed the first RC section I had.

RC just about killed me today. I hope it went better for everyone else who had two RC sections!!

• 16st5116st51 Member
    30 karma

Anyone know which LR was Exp?

71 karma

Here's the link for which sections are experimental and which are real.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/8qde22/official_june_lsat_discussion_thread/

• 224 karma

Hey does anybody know what day the scores will be released with the new format?

2038 karma

LSAC has June 29 as the release date @onecallthatsall

• Tonyk215Tonyk215 Alum Member
    123 karma

I had one RC and didn’t really think it was too bad besides the last passage. Everything else was easier than I expected. Hopefully the LSAT gods give us a favorable curve

• NovLSAT2019NovLSAT2019 Alum Member
    620 karma

:warning: The only exception: you can say which sections were real or experimental. For example, asking questions like “Was the LG with "flowers" experimental?” is okay. You can say “The LG section with "flowers" was real!” But you cannot say “the 3rd game of the real section was In/Out game.

Wait, @studentservice how did you know about the flowers? Hmmmmmm...

I had 2 RC sections... I started my very first LSAC administered LSAT with a chemical compound punching me in the face. I thought the experimental RC section was SOOOOOOOO much easier. I’m kind of annoyed that that was the experimental section.

I think the real LG had Bonds, WXYZ, flowers, and offices. I thank God for foolproofing and 7Sage...

This is good though. I feel so much better now that I’ve taken the real thing.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

What's this new score format thing? @onecallthatsall, cool name by the way. :)

• Cofife88Cofife88 Member
    90 karma

Just got home from my test. I’m actually feeling way better about the test than I thought I would, but it’s all in what that score says. I ended up finishing every section with time to go back and check a few questions.

I had 2 RC sections. The experimental section had a passage on tectonic plates, African American experience during the Great Depression, reliability of identifying voices in court, and genre classifications. I’m honestly glad this one was experimental. For some reason, I had such a hard time concentrating after the break and felt I did awful on this one. I was interested in all of the real RC passages, so that was a good confidence boost for the beginning of the test.

Overall, I don’t feel like this test was very hard. I feel that this test was average difficulty at most. Do you all agree?

71 karma

@Cofife88

Yeah I don't think it was too hard.

I finished right on time for the RC section and one of the LR section. I wish I had time to go back.