Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accomodations Peeps: Passing along info I wish I would have known

markmywordsmarkmywords Alum Member
in General 292 karma

If you qualify for accommodations you can request to have the experimental section removed. I had some great, beneficial accommodations, but wasn't aware this is even a thing. Wish someone would've told me, so grabbing some karma points hopefully and passing this along. Also, @7sage, you should add 'accommodations' as a discussion topic.

Comments

• ski.carlyski.carly Live Member
    10 karma

This is very helpful! Thank you!!

• moopstudiesmoopstudies Live Member
    10 karma

Is that on the form you have to fill out?

• angie20166angie20166 Live Member
    32 karma

Wow thank you for this information! How can you request? Do you specify that you would like it removed? Who should you contact?

Thank you a million!!!

• LOLsat...LOLsat... Live Member
    edited June 13 17 karma

What do you mean ? How can we do that?

• gwiazdosgwiazdos Live Member
    7 karma

How do we go about requesting that?

• skbonnemskbonnem Core Member
    3 karma

Is this something that law schools will be able to see? If you're able to remove it via accommodations, would there be any downsides to that from the application perspective (could it be seen undermining the strength of your application or your capabilities, etc)?

• gabcarrascodgabcarrascod Core Member
    6 karma

Thanks for the information! Would I have to complete a new accommodations request for this? Or is it an additional accommodations request?

• livvy.puzonlivvy.puzon Live Member
    3 karma

@skbonnem said:
    Is this something that law schools will be able to see? If you're able to remove it via accommodations, would there be any downsides to that from the application perspective (could it be seen undermining the strength of your application or your capabilities, etc)?

no, LSAC will not show law schools about any accommodations.

• gbellgbellgbellgbell Live Member
    edited June 16 45 karma

• markmywordsmarkmywords Alum Member
    292 karma

@moopstudies said:
    Is that on the form you have to fill out?

It's not on the form in the sense that it's box you check. You manually go in and add accommodations you're requesting based on the recommendation of your provider.

292 karma

@angie20166 said:
    Wow thank you for this information! How can you request? Do you specify that you would like it removed? Who should you contact?

Thank you a million!!!

There is a formal process of requesting accommodations. You can find info on LSAC's website-- basically you give LSAC a list of stuff you need based on recommendations by your provider... based on a specific need/diagnosis. Your provider letter should outline support for your requests. You can request anything as an accommodation. There isn't a set list of options to choose from. Hope that helps

edited June 25 292 karma

@skbonnem said:

LSAC legally can't disclose any info on accommodations. My LSAT looks the same to schools as someone without accommodations.

292 karma

@gabcarrascod said:
    Thanks for the information! Would I have to complete a new accommodations request for this? Or is it an additional accommodations request?

Additional. You would keep any accommodations you've been previously granted as well as get the experimental removed. The only reason it would be considered "new" would be if you want to throw out all your previous accommodations.

292 karma

@"Hanny.echeverria15" said:
    What do you mean ? How can we do that?

You can go to LSAC's website and learn more about the process for requesting accommodations.

• rachwehrmannrachwehrmann Core Member
    3 karma

so there would only be 3 sections of the test instead of 4?