Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Diagnostic and Improvement

mohammadhuda134mohammadhuda134 Core Member
edited August 5 in General 6 karma

Hello, I am kinda late to this process and I took a diagnostic test and scored a 135 and my goal is to get a 155 on a LSAT and I am planning to take it in October or November. Any tips and strategies that could help me. My weakest part is Reading comprehension.

Admin note: Edited title. Please do not post threads or comments in all caps. This is against the Forum Rules. Thanks!

Comments

• Tryingtobealawyer-1Tryingtobealawyer-1 Live Member
    9 karma

I started where you are at and I am now in the 150's It took three months of absolute consistency (still going) . My biggest piece of advice is to finish the core curriculum entirely once I finished it I got to the 140's and then buy the live classes I think its 30 ish more dollars a month. after live classes and targeting my weaknesses and drilling consistently I got to the 150's. BIGGEST piece of advice that I learned the hard way: it is not about how much time you spend but the quality of the time you spend. I started out studying six hours a day but three of those hours I was drained tired and I wasn't retaining anything. Now I make sure to cut myself off at three hours a day and every hour I stay laser focused and I am able to see improvement. three months ago I felt like this was terrible but the consistency is what moves you along and improvement will be slow but celebrate every little good thing it will allow you to keep pushing forward.

For RC the only thing that helped me was the live classes and a simple strategy (spend more time reading the passage (3min) and less time answering questions. Practice practice practice doing low res summaries. I also got in the habit of reading complex things anywhere I could. For example read an old textbook and practice low res summaries of each paragraph you come across. Read a wide range of material it doesn't have to be the lsat passages it can be anything that exposes you to complex passages of different genres you just need to be well read to get through the passages without losing your mind.