Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I improve my RC score in 4 weeks for November LSAT?

Hi Everyone,
Looking for advice or tips on how to improve my RC score. I'm currently getting 6 wrong on LR and 10-13 wrong on RC which is decreasing my score drastically. I've watched the 7sage core curriculum, and I am working with a tutor but we haven't gotten to RC yet. I read nonfiction and fiction daily to improve my reading comprehension skills, but I have such a hard time with RC passages because of the structure and convoluted language, also with the questions I find myself struggling to choose between 1-2 answer choices and i usually always end up choosing the wrong answer. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• gracemk1903gracemk1903 Live Member
    4 karma

I actually am in the same exact boat. I wouldn't say I am fully there yet but I have been focusing more on low res summaries and giving myself 1-2 more minutes (instead of 8 1/2 min) for each passage and my score has improved a lot. Once I get the timing down, it should make a big difference for me. Kinda just waiting for that breakthrough.

• chriselmore111chriselmore111 Live Member
    4 karma

I am right there with you. Like the last commenter, I am also working on low res summaries. I'm running drills with three passages each, one at a level 3, one at a level 4, and another at a level 5. I've ran 10 of these drills in the last ten days and I'm getting a lot of good results and internalizing a little bit more about what details are important to include on my low res summaries and what is not. Even the questions I'm getting wrong are really close calls, where maybe I just didn't fully read the question or missed on one minute detail of the passage. We got this!

• Aks_ZenMasterAks_ZenMaster Live Member
    28 karma

I'm in the same boat! What I've been doing is really acting like I'm interested in the passage and in my mind saying "wow" and "omg why'd they do this" etc and am making it seem more interesting. This has definitely helped me stay more engaged. I have also been making low-res summaries. Going to start doing drills to get faster though.