Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How important is it to study experimental sections?

myowynnyuntmyowynnyunt Core Member
edited October 10 in General 12 karma

Hi All—Should I study and review the experimental sections in addition to the scored sections? Or is it unnecessary and too time-consuming? While taking a pretest with an experimental section might help boost stamina, I'm not sure how wise it is to study and review them. Most of you would likely say I should study and review them. But why exactly? Could you please share insights on the importance of reviewing experimental sections? Thank you.

Comments

• HeartsteelHeartsteel Live Member
    46 karma

Why wouldn't it be wise to review them? Experimental sections from the 3 digit format are graded sections taken from actual exams.

• 155 karma

You will not know which section is experimental when taking the test

• Lauren954Lauren954 Live Member
    9 karma

Can't see how it would be a waste. If the experimental section were on a topic that was unrelated say for example a scored section on the basics of chemistry, that would be a waste. You know just by looking at the LSAC website that the official exam won't include the basics of chemistry. But because the experimental section is on a topic you will be tested on, wouldn't you want as much practice and understanding as possible?

• TwentyStarGeneralTwentyStarGeneral Core Member
    113 karma

You should review them, because they were originally real administered sections and they will still be a good source of information about (1) your weaknesses and (2) the repeating patterns of the test.

• 12 karma

Besides what others have already mentioned, I want to reaffirm the importance of building stamina. In reality there is a notable difference in taking 3 sections vs 4. The more you get used to taking the latter, the better you would be prepared for the actual exam.

• myowynnyuntmyowynnyunt Core Member
    12 karma

Thanks so much for all the helpful comments. I appreciate your time for sharing your insights and thoughts on this.