Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on multiple LSAT attempts

summerstatesummerstate Live Member
in General 5 karma

Hi Everyone
I need some advice. Last year I had decided that I wanted to take the LSAT and go to law school. So I had taken the January 2024 and February 2024 LSAT and got 145s on each which is not the best score. From November to March, both of my grandparents were in and out of Hospital. They both passed away, one before my exams and one after. I affect me a lot because I was very close to them. I should have never taken the LSAT then because I mentally was not prepared. I spent most of my time in the ICU and although I did try to study, my mind was somewhere else completely. I know that the two LSAT's I took were not a representation of who I am as a test taker and my ability to go to law school, but do law schools know that or care?

I have been studying for the November LSAT. My tutor suggested taking the November LSAT and if I do poorly then I would study for the January one. I don't know what to do. I know it looks bad to take the LSAT many times and 4 is a lot. Would law schools be understanding to me potentially taking the LSAT 4 times due to my circumstances? Should I take the November LSAT?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Yup45612Yup45612 Live Member
    3 karma

Law schools are incentivized to consider only your best LSAT score, as it is ultimately what is reported in their class data. While I doubt that multiple attempts are never considered, there is substantial evidence that whatever consideration they give them is slim to none. Many successful applicants take the LSAT more than four times. Ultimately, your best score is all that will tend to matter. I hope this gives you some peace of mind.

• zswalsh1zswalsh1 Core Member
    24 karma

Do your recent PTs reflect your goal score on the test? If not, I wouldn't use another attempt until you're ready. Going forward, make sure that each attempt is fully utilized and don't rush to take the November LSAT if you scores aren't there yet. Echoing Yup45612's comment, law schools place a lot of consideration on your highest LSAT score, and four LSAT attempts is definitely not unheard of. Happy studying!

• cdot9000cdot9000 Live Member
    148 karma

Agreed with both above comment -- if you did not cancel those 145's (they show on your LSAC acct) I would also recommend potentially writing an addendum!