Working-on-same-PTs problems

aaabbbcccaaabbbccc Alum Member
edited August 2015 in General 136 karma
Hi all,

Is there anyone who prepared/is preparing for a retake and has encountered a problem where you use same PTs and feel familiarized with some problems? Or feeling subconsciously comfortable with the fact that they are problems that you have done already?

With this trouble for myself, I realized that I felt definitely baffled when taking a new, fresh PT after retaking those PTs I have done already.

Is there any advice you could please give? Thank you so much guys!

Comments

• fishtwentyfivefishtwentyfive Free Trial Member
    227 karma
    This dude got a perfect score back when there was like 20 pt's. Here:

After watching that I realized it's probably less significant than you would imagine to retake same pt's. He took like each one 3 times and didn't let it f*ck him up.
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    It can help but 3-4 tests a normal day and 1-2 if you're tired is stooopid hard and taxing. However there is a solid value in retaking tests in my opinion.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Sometimes I drill with past LR sections (that I haven't taken for MONTHS) and, although I know what you're talking about with the mental *i've taken this before it should be easy* I STILL got a few wrong that I got wrong the first time I took it.....
  • logicfiendlogicfiend Alum Member
    118 karma
    Yeah, this is something I have been experiencing as well. But I agree with @7sagelsatstudent180. I always take away something new from the test I didn't get before. I'm still reasoning through LR answer choices, I rarely ever remember the inferences in a game so redoing them is always helpful, and even if I remember some of an RC passage, re-reading through the passage and trying to understand how each paragraph relates to each other is reinforcing how I want to be reading an unfamiliar passage.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    That's the video @"Nilesh S" used to post!
    932 karma
    Besides that I do like this video.
  • aaabbbcccaaabbbccc Alum Member
    136 karma
    @"Kyle Malan" @7sagelsatstudent180 @harrismegan @logicfiend
    Thank you thank you so much for your input!
    edited August 2015 136 karma
    @7sagelsatstudent180 Are there any particular reasons why you recommend taking 3 to 4 tests a day?
    7965 karma
    @aaabbbccc said:
    Are there any particular reasons why you recommend taking 3 to 4 tests a day?
    TBH ... no one in their right mind would recommend that for more than a week. And even then ... good luck ...
    932 karma
    Noooooo.. I said taking that many tests is stupid. You would burnout the first week. Only do this if you have the mental focus of a navy seal
    932 karma
    The guy in the video recommended it but you would have to be a little crazy to even consider it. I have never taken more than one test a day. I think 5 tests was the most I took in one week.. 4 tests in one day would make me spontaneously combust
    136 karma
    @7sagelsatstudent180 Ohhhh my total misunderstanding... sorry about that :p
    Yea.. I take 3 to 4 tests a week and I was wondering how taking 3 to 4 tests a day is even possible haha. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    As a person who just experienced several burn-outs due to 8-10 hours of study per day, I would say you will burn out right away. :(
    7965 karma
    @jyang72 said:
    I would say you will burn out right away. :(
    Sir, you need a nap and a cookie!
    844 karma
    @nicole.hopkins, I have to reduce my study time from 8-10 hours to 5-6hours, otherwise my efficiency will plummet. I just studied 5 hours yesterday and I felt much better. :)
    7965 karma
    @jyang72 said:
    I just studied 5 hours yesterday and I felt much better. :)
    YES. There you go!!! Now you definitely need this:

Honestly, at my max I was putting in maybe 6 hours a day (and 2 of those were in the wee morning hours).
    844 karma
    @nicole.hopkins, oh yes. I am not going to study 8 hours a day any more, it is too painful. Haha, this picture reminds me of lemon meringue pie... my favorite dessert!!
    7965 karma
    @jyang72 said:
    lemon meringue pie... my favorite dessert!!
    Good to know for next time I need to give you a virtual treat!