Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valid Argument Forms

slizzardslizzard Member
in General 105 karma
Hi Everyone!

I am currently working on memorizing the valid argument forms and I was just wondering if there were any study methods yall used to help you memorize them aside from the curriculum. I have had a bit more trouble with this section than I have with others so any feedback or suggestions that may have helped yall master these concepts would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Liz

Comments

• danielledanielle Free Trial Member
    edited August 2015 43 karma
    Flash cards are definitely the way to go if you're trying to memorise them. Having the valid and invalid forms on index cards, and drilling them together helped me, that way I had to actually think about it rather than just look at it.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    Flashcards: Use'em, abuse'em, til you just don't need'em anymore.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2015 7468 karma
    This may be considered extreme, but since conventional wisdom says it takes 21 times of doing something to create a habit (which is what memorization essentially is), I drilled (using flash cards) the valid and invalid arguments for no more than 10 minutes once a day for 21 days straight. I've never had to review the arguments since.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    That is Mountain Dew levels of extreme right there...
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Hey, it may not be necessary, but it certainly is sufficient. Thanks to certain proclivities that I partook of in college (which I do not regret), my memory is completely shot. :)
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I have a little note pack of things I need to remember... biconditionals, valid/invalid argument forms! I review it every morning while I blow dry my hair! (multittasking FTW)
  • slizzardslizzard Member
    105 karma
    Thanks everyone!!! So awesome to get this much support.