Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Day before test

jacobkuppjacobkupp Alum Member
in General 25 karma
Is it wise to do a final practice test the day before the test or is it better to take that day off and relax or exercise or something? Does anyone have any tips for the day before? Thanks.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    No... you should do your last PT by like Wednesday at the latest I'd say. Even not doing any the final week is cool. Thursday/Friday you want to be pretty chilled out...
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    I recommend one test section the day before
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I'd do a warmup the night prior and one the morning of. Probably a game, a passage and 5-10 LR questions.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    Fractal geometry FTW
    @Pacifico
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Relax 100%
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Honestly. I just took Thursday, Friday, and most of Saturday off. Sunday I PTd one of my highest so far (thanks @Pacifico and @nicole.hopkins for always giving me advice..). I'm going to mirror what I did last week so I'm fresh come Saturday. Rest, rest, rest, rest, REST.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @harrismegan said:
    Sunday I PTd one of my highest so far
    YAAASSSS
    379 karma
    That's funny @harrismegan I ptd my highest this past saturday. Hopefully next Saturday will be even higher ;)
    7965 karma
    For real, tho. I took 10 full days between taking my penultimate PT71 and PT75 and my performance on the latter might have been my best section-by-section score on a single PT, ever.

I repeat.

I literally did not take any fresh tests (or any retakes, or drill any LR/RC) for 10 full days. I did 3 BR groups on tests I had already taken, so clearly LSAT blood was pumping through my veins. But I didn't do a single LR or RC section in that time and had my BEST performance on both sections.

I am not a unicorn. My diagnostic was a 152. I'm not magical. I'm just motivated. This is training for skill-based performance. Skills gotta sink in. You gotta have your head in the right place, and your body also (since ... surprise! Mind and body are not split from one another!!).

As for the day before/morning of.

Treat yo self. Get a massage. I plan on taking an excessively long walk in the woods (it's a good 20 degrees cooler in the woods than it is on the pavement, round these parts). I'm thinking about having an unusually fancy breakfast.

I think I'll warm up before the test with an LR section taken in 30 minutes. Obviously not scoring—just keeping the gears greased the morning of. That's because I suffer the most when LR is my first section and I'm not warmed up. I know that because PT75 LR1 felt really rusty for a few minutes and I thought my diaper was leaking (figuratively speaking, obv ...).

Between now and then? I might watch some videos so I feel like JY is hanging out with me. Just some time with coach. NBD.
    2074 karma
    Honestly, @nicole.hopkins has advised me to take breaks many times and I was extremely skeptical each time.... like most people would be probably. The whole.... anxiety from not studying 24/7. BUT. Taking that break did more for me mentally than studying 24/7 would have.
    I am BR my Sunday PT today and I might PT again tomorrow and BR Wednesday but... honestly I'm thinking not. Worst case scenario I PT at a lower score and I spend from now until Saturday stressing about a PT score. Your skills can't decrease from now until Saturday and that's what I kept freaking out about. Realizing that was one of the biggest and best things. The only thing that can make you worse at this point is by freaking out about every little thing. Relax. :) we can do this!
    379 karma
    yeah im taking pt 74 tomorrow and BRing it at night. then the wednesday, thursday and friday...chillin: getting a pedi, reading, drawing, walking, eating well, and sleeping well :)
    2074 karma
    @lpadr009 said:
    getting a pedi, reading, drawing, walking, eating well, and sleeping well :)

sounds like bliss :)
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Would people say that it's better to be doing individual timed sections than full PTs? I had planned to take 75 tomorrow, but all this talk of confidence makes me nervous that a score on the lower end of my range might shake me before the big day.

I feel like I need to do the fresh questions of 75 though. So would my plan of timed sections throughout the day be a reasonable substitute? My last 5 section test was 74 on Saturday
    7965 karma
    @lpadr009 said:
    getting a pedi, reading, drawing, walking, eating well, and sleeping well :)
    exactly what I would prescribe!
    7965 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" said:
    I had planned to take 75 tomorrow, but all this talk of confidence makes me nervous that a score on the lower end of my range might shake me before the big day.
    Take it but do not score it—OR, just take 3 sections of it so that you CAN'T score it.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" i think a happy medium would be to do PT75 as an untimed BR. This way you can acquaint yourself with any last minute peculiarities but without the pressure of it being the LAST practice test you're gonna take.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    do PT75 as an untimed BR.
    That's what I did... and I feel very good about it.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Thanks for the advice everyone, feel like the untimed BR is the way to go
  • jacobkuppjacobkupp Alum Member
    25 karma
    Yeah thanks for the advice everyone, good stuff! Good luck to anyone taking it this weekend!