Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uncertainty after a test

Does anyone else feel completely uncertain about how they did? I feel like I could have a 10 point band in my score.

Comments

• Andrew KAndrew K Member
    76 karma
    Furthermore, does anyone have an idea of how much raw score can vary compared to the weighted score? For example, for a 168 how much can the raw score vary?

This is something I am completely capable of looking at myself, but I am beat :)
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    If this test is extremely difficult, then you might get 168 for a 85 raw score, or if this time is as hard as usual, then you might get 168 for a 88 raw score. Anyway dude, now all you have to do is to chill and relax. :)
  • Andrew KAndrew K Member
    76 karma
    Thanks! Yep not much to do now just wait and see. Always have dec if all else fails.
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Yes. I feel weird
  • Faaabs93Faaabs93 Alum Member
    82 karma
    I feel so weird. Particularly about 1 logical reasoning section.

Needless to say, I just booked my December rewrite. Hoping that it doesn't have to come to that, but I know for a fact I only under-preformed because I got 3 hours of sleep last night. My brain literally went to mush on that LR section.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    We all feel weird.
  • Faaabs93Faaabs93 Alum Member
    82 karma
    From looking at other forums, a lot of people who consistently PT well felt that it was fairly difficult in one respect or another.

Hopefully the curve is favorable. I'm predicting a curve just like PT 71, as I felt the test resembled that one fairly well. And judging by most reactions, it seems like it will be scaled in such a way

160: 72 : 165: 79
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @InsertPseudonymHere
    The thing about test day reactions is that they're going to be skewed negatively for the most part. It's just natural to remember and place particular emphasis on the hardest questions/parts of the test, which can lead to really overestimating how hard the test is/underestimating how you did. This isn't to say that this test wasn't hard, but the natural tendency to remember the bad combined with the heightened stress of test day may be skewing the perception of how you did and the your overall recollection of the test.

Either way, good luck!
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    Hi weirdos! Mangorita time!!!!
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Ugh I'm getting the bad feelz but I know this is normal so I'm trying to stay positive
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    How you feel has nothing to do with how you did in a plethora of cases... Just go do something else for a while and all will be revealed on the 28th.