Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT difficulty?

shainabarbershainabarber Alum Member
in General 109 karma
This has probably already been hashed out somewhere, BUT, I can't find it, so...

Is there somewhere on 7sage (or elsewhere) that ranks the difficulty of all the PT's? - or maybe ranks the sections? It seems like I've see this somewhere before, but not sure where.

So for example, I just took PT 72 this evening. I want to know where this test ranks overall, and/or the difficulty of the sections. Was the RC on this PT considered, easy, hard, average etc? Was the LG section easy, hard, average?

I want to compare this information with what my feelings are about the tests, as well as use this info to make decisions about how to best spend my studying hours.

I'm hoping PT 72 is considered "hard" compared to other PTs, because I scored my highest score yet, and that would make me feel like I'm getting somewhere with all these hours and hours I spend studying. If it's "easy", then I won't put too much weight into the higher score.

Comments

• 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    Difficulty of the PTs are designed to be roughly the same. Just take each test and hope the skills you learn from each carry over once you take the real one. Trying to find the easiest PTs is at best a time waster and at worst counterintuitive to progress.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    What @7sagelsatstudent180 says is true for the majority of tests. That being said, for some reason, many (if not most) of the 7Sage students have found pt72 to be more difficult than average. but there is much to be learned from a test like that. Be sure to review twice as much as you would other tests.
  • HibiscusHibiscus Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    Easy/Hard is extremely subjective. Not everyone is equally skilled in each question type. For instance, one person might do extremely well on Weaken Questions, and another person is very good at Strengthen/Justify questions. If the LR sections were composed of 40% Strengthen/Justify and 10% Weaken questions, the second person might end up performing better even if they are the same in all other aspects.

Also, putting "weights" on scores might show some significance at the start, but after 15-20 PTs you'll have a pretty accurate range that you score in.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2015 2398 karma
    In general, the "logical difficulty" of a test can be seen by viewing its scale, so a test with a more lenient scale is more logically difficult than one with a less forgiving scale. As @7sagelsatstudent180 said, this is so the tests can be statistically equated.
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    I know what you mean as I have looked for the same thing. The reality is that we don't need to know. If you miss a lot be thankful that you now know what to study and work on.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    The other thing to remember is that the analytics on 7Sage are built organically so the difficulty assigned to any given question is only a function of how 7Sagers performed rather than some sort of objective measure of difficulty as dictated by LSAC or anyone else. This is why you'll sometimes watch an explanation video and JY will reference the difficulty level of a question but the analytics will reflect the opposite level of difficulty.

As mentioned above, none of this really matters since all the tests are equated (the actual terminology since it's not a true curve) by LSAC to maintain the level of consistency that they have achieved over the years.