Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there any real time RC videos?

Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
in General 1196 karma
Hi everyone, do you know if there are any real time RC videos where J.Y. Ping reads the passages and answers the questions in real time? The videos I've watched so far are really great but I would love to see and hear him processing the passage and working through the questions in real time. I'm thinking it might help me to see how I could process everything more quickly and accurately.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Here's the thread that lists a couple others for RC as well as the LG and LR ones.

http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/18678
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Thanks Pacifico, but there doesn't appear to be any sound on that one. I was hoping to find one where J.Y. Ping reads it out loud during the video during real time & also does the same with the questions so we could see how he processes things so quickly under timed conditions.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yeah I don't think those exist, but I could be wrong... Since he has to churn out 100s of videos every year to explain each LSAT I don't think there is much time to do what you're talking about since the explanations are so much more important to most people.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Sheri123 said:
    I was hoping to find one where J.Y. Ping reads it out loud during the video during real time & also does the same with the questions so we could see how he processes things so quickly under timed conditions.
    No way this ever could exist—one reads silently WAY more quickly than one vocalizes.

Processing so quickly and eliminating with confidence is a factor of how well you're able to specifically reference the passage and the level of mastery over nitty-gritty inferences.
    7965 karma
    I model what you're talking about with my students but there's always at least some delay as compared to my real-time takes.
  • lschoolgolschoolgo Member
    edited November 2015 274 karma
    these are available only in a course option.

is there a free video of recent RC being done live?

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    @lschoolgo said:
    Is there a free video of recent RC being done live?
    You mean an analysis of the passage done by JY? Or a video of someone completing a passage in real time?
    7965 karma
    @lschoolgo said:
    free video of recent RC being done live?
    No.
    1196 karma
    Thanks guys just thought it might be helpful.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    As @nicole.hopkins says it's not practical with sound. BUT that video is invaluable - look at how he reads, how he guides his reading with his pencil. These seem like tiny things, but he is very focused and efficient. J.Y. may not even realize but you can learn a lot form this stuff.
    1196 karma
    Thanks everyone!