Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logging PT errors

Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
in General 1196 karma
Just curious if anyone keeps a spreadsheet or anything of the questions they get wrong on the PTs? Or do you all just track it in LSAT Analytics? If you do log the questions you are are getting wrong in a spreadsheet, do you actually write out the questions, answer choices etc. and make notes of why you got it wrong? Or do you just write the test number section, & question & type of question. Just trying to figure out if it would be helpful for me to do this or if it would just be wasting valuable time I could be spending more productively. I'm already doing a BR. Although I think I'm going to change the way I have been doing that. I am going to start doing an untimed BR of the complete exam instead of just reviewing the ones I circled in addition to the ones I actually got wrong. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    I use the analytics on here, but I've seen some people on TLS mention alternative methods, including other sites as well as excel sheets. Try a search on there, I'm sure you'll find lots of ways people go about logging their errors.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Message me with your email and I will send you a PT track sheet in excel that I use - very simple, that I use in conjunction with analytics. For the actual questions I need to review, I have another excel format that was shared with me to track missed questions for further review.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    @Sheri123 I think it is mainly going to come down to doing what works best for you. Back when I was PTing (I'm currently going back through the curriculum), I would keep track of the errors using the analytics. Since I have PDFs for all of the PTs, I would take it one step further. For any question that I would miss on a PT, regardless of BR result, I would use the snip it tool on windows and copy and paste those missed questions to a Word document. When I would get to 25, I would start another section. I would use these sets as 5th sections for other PTs or drill them as complete sections and BR again. There is something new to learn from every question whether you answered it correctly or incorrectly. This way, I keep revisiting the ones I answered incorrectly in order to shore up the weaknesses that caused those incorrect choices in the first place. When I start PTing again in early Decemeber, I will once again use this method. Best of luck to you.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Like @"GSU Hopeful" said... Make a fifth LR section out of the questions you got wrong previously. Even though you reviewed the answers I guarantee that these will be the hardest LR sections you ever do. I wouldn't worry about this stuff for RC or LG since it doesn't translate as effectively. But for those you should pay attention to both game/passage types that you do poorly on, as well as specific question types you struggle with.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Thanks everyone for your feedback, I don't have PDF's of everything but I can go back to the books I have and erase my markings and make some photo copies for practice of the questions I missed and just create a cumulative set that I keep practicing with like you guys suggested.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Sheri123 said:
    If you do log the questions you are are getting wrong in a spreadsheet, do you actually write out the questions, answer choices etc. and make notes of why you got it wrong?
    This sounds like a great way to waste a huge amount of time that would be better spent RESTING. Or, having fun! Eating! Taking a walk! All of the things that are helpful to ACTUALLY maintain progress on this test.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @lsatblitz said:
    TLS mention alternative methods, including other sites as well as excel sheets.
    That's probably because they don't know better (meaning, 7sage analytics)
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @Sheri123 said:
    If you do log the questions you are are getting wrong in a spreadsheet, do you actually write out the questions, answer choices etc. and make notes of why you got it wrong?
    Also, this should be covered in your BR to the point that you are absorbing the teachable moments of the right and wrong ACs so there should be no need to catalog this over again on a spreadsheet because it would be of little value there. Really digging into your BR will help you with pattern recognition which you need to become an ingrained habit so that you recognize patterns on future tests. Not absorbing the information during BR and putting it into a spreadsheet instead will tell your brain you don't need to remember it because you wrote it down. But then that information won't have the depth of relevance when you just go back and look at a spreadsheet.