Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT70 Section 4 #13 Question

keeper962keeper962 Member
edited November 2015 in Logical Reasoning 32 karma
I was between B/E and choose B because I immediately crossed out E b/c of the term HIGHLY productive which isn't stated in the stimulus (but E was right)
- can anyone explain this to me and also why E right over B Thanks :)

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited November 2015 7468 karma
    Hope to see you at Group BR tomorrow. We're working on this exact PT.

We don't need to have terms match the stimulus. We need to explain how both these disparate claims can exist together, in this case how the standards and centralization of planning and decision making created dramatic improvements during the industrial revolution and yet, later, by giving individuals greater freedom, they achieved greater productivity. That's it.

B doesn't work because neither the increased productivity is not the the only benefit nor the job satisfaction increase explains how de-centralizing the decision making made companies further improve.

E works because it provides the increased productivity a necessary condition: giving employee more influence creates innovation. Without that innovation, there's no increase in productivity. In this case the "highly" equates up pretty well with the stimulus's "already". That innovation explains the increased productivity..

Hope this helps.
  • keeper962keeper962 Member
    edited November 2015 32 karma
    Thanks for the response I get it now:
    E solves the paradox of how something could be more productive without centralization (B doesn't do this while E shows that giving employees greater influence make more productive - Thanks for the help :)