Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You tell us: What makes 7sage unique?

nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in General 7965 karma
Hey friends—

I'm working on a special something-something. I need your help!

In the comments, please share (ranging from one-word answers to full lengthy posts) your answer[s] to this question:

What makes 7sage unique?

Here are some examples:
—Complicated ideas broken down in simple digestible language.
—A dose of inspiration to help you push through the pain and self-doubt.
—An honest approach that presumes that you have the capacity to understand even the hardest questions on the LSAT.

But we want to know ... what makes 7sage unique FOR YOU? Any part of the 7sage experience—from the analytics to the forums to the problem sets to the Dragon Ball analogies.

Comments

• J.H. SongJ.H. Song Alum Member
    201 karma
    JY's extremely helpful yet casual and playful lectures and explanations.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    BR groups
    8021 karma
    The all volunteer mentor force ;)
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Not only the expertise that JY and his team brought forth, but how that expertise has spread through out the community. As mentioned above, the BR groups, volunteers and leaders of the community that answer questions tirelessly. You don't find people like this or opportunities to learn on such a level on other forums.
    8021 karma
    Best GIFs in town
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    JY on 1.4 speed or higher:)
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    349 karma
    Listening to J.Y' s video explanations made the lsat fun for me. I remember one time he was explaining wrong answer choices and was like "why the hell would you even think about picking that?" It makes it easier to pay attention and focus vs a lot of the methodical wordy explanations from other sources.
  • bruingirl1205bruingirl1205 Alum Member
    444 karma
    Positive and supportive community!
    8021 karma
    Pre-LSAT pep rallies!
  • sarahfatima28sarahfatima28 Alum Member
    320 karma
    7SAGE feels like a small caravan of travellers. We help and support each other on the journey to law school which otherwise feels like a race. We have guides in the form of sages and tutors who - having made this journey before, guide us to take the best possible way to our common destination.
    edited December 2015 320 karma
    7SAGE made me realise:
    "If you have east - asian heritage, then you have a better chance of doing well on the Lsat."

Its more than correlation people - JY, Alan, Jonathan + Mike/the trainer
    Coincidence? i think not. ;)
    edited December 2015 320 karma
    The humour!

(forgot to mention this)
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    The beautiful, beautiful community. I could kiss all of you.
  • Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
    edited December 2015 813 karma
    The logic game explanations with ideal time frame to finish the games , the grader with BR option, the proctor app, how affordable 7sage is compared to other courses. The RC explanations with funny jokes, the chatterbox awards and most importantly the fellow 7sagers, the mentors, the BR group leaders who take their precious time out to help and support others not only with the questions and strategies but also with their burn out and other lsat emotional problems. I have not seen a better lsat prep community than the 7sage community. 7sage and 7sagers make me believe that no matter how hard it is, I can do it if i persist and endure and do not give up.
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    Insider information ;)
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    The Bruce voice.
  • bbutlerbbutler Inactive ⭐
    401 karma
    The 7sage community make this as amazing. To have people of all age groups, in all stages of their prep to help guide and answer questions in a positive manner to encourage learning separates us from others. The fact that we can reach out to people who have made the mistakes we make, and been in the life situation of family/job/girlfriend/boyfriend pressuring us to just take the test and move on and we can turn to people that understand what we're going through and say as eloquently as @Pacifico has said "if you're not paying the bill then you don't get a vote". We have people that run amazing webinars and BR groups and record them for people who can't get on. This is truly like a family where there is definitely some tough love but in the end we all want each other to succeed.

Also, the fact that @"J.Y. Ping" has structured the curriculum in a way that is affordable yet also dissectible. For any of us that have heard the mantra of the LSAT is a 3mo endeavor and literally in the first lesson he cuts out the BS and says the LSAT is going to be hard and you're going to struggle but together we're going to get through it was very much appreciated. Then after that going through each section and it being broken down into smaller videos is greatly appreciated so it doesn't seem so intimidating. Whenever we hit a section that looks overwhelming (Logic 1st lesson with the chart) JY constantly tells us to calm down it will be broken down but to see the macro view and how everything seems to fit really helps. All of the comments seems to be candid so that we're as prepared as possible for traps the tentmakers and not hide them from us. Overall both the people and the curriculum separate this from the others and I only wish I would have found this earlier in my LSAT studies!
  • 2RARE2CARE2RARE2CARE Member
    248 karma
    Definitely have to credit JY With such an affordable course. I was in a shitty NYC prep course for 3x the price of the ultimate and we spent about an hour on each question type and that was it. Learning referential phrasing, seperating context, and intangibles make the difference. Also, the people here are great. I think everyone who takes the time out to help other people at their expense of time is awesome.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    J.Y's playful, yet engaging way of explaining concepts. Needless to say, the friendly community also makes the list.
  • ltownsjrltownsjr Alum Member
    84 karma
    The community. I haven't rally improved my score like I wanted through 7sage, but the resources are there for help . There is a great community of people who help as much as possible. As my membership ends, I think that will be the best part of my experience here.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Great stuff here guys.
  • poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    edited December 2015 496 karma
    Definitely the amazing curriculum (you can just tell by all the stellar reviews!) that breaks it all down in an engaging manner (for its price too)! And I can't say enough about the community of people here-- from BR groups, to webinars, to just folks on the discussion forum. There's no room here for belittling, shaming or negativity! We're just all here to support each other on this LSAT journey. It's so refreshing to see and I'm so glad I'm part of it.
    7965 karma
    @poohbear said:
    It's so refreshing to see and I'm so glad I'm part of it.
  • kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    The Bruce voice.
    Glad you like my voice :P
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    Here it seems like Team 7sage. I imagine a world where the people who paid the least and got the most out of their LSAT studying experience went on to do the best... on the LSAT and beyond
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    1) The affordability and value of the the course. Great price for what you get with the Ultimate package.

2) The positive attitude of the 7sage community. It's really special that during the inevitable moments of self doubt, frustration, and that feeling like everyone else in your life can't relate to what you're going through, that I can log into 7sage and browse the forum to find the inspiration to keep going (special thanks to @nicole.hopkins, @pacifico). I truly don't think that I could have prepped 8 months straight without this.

3) An honest approach to the LSAT (No gimmicks, no silver bullets). JY taught me the right way to prepare from get go, and explained the right mindset to approach studying for the LSAT very early on in the lessons.

4) JY's explanations. The man has a special gift for teaching. I think most of us can agree with that.
    7965 karma
    Such good stuff here. Thanks everyone :D You'll hear more about our plans for your feedback soon!