Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June Test Takers Group BR Schedule (updated)

2»

Comments

• cjones76cjones76 Alum Member
    edited January 2016 318 karma
    @lawyerme? Every Saturday at 5 p.m.

Edit: Ooops... didn't see that Dave replied. It was on the second page.
  • The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    Is something happening tonight?
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @"The 180 Bro" said:
    Is something happening tonight?
    Not till Saturday. See you then.
  • bbutlerbbutler Inactive ⭐
    edited January 2016 401 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor is it to late to join now? Until I finish the curriculum I'm only going to be in on Saturday's but I really feel that since many of them are the 70's PT's and I'll be retaking them later that it could really help my prep and understanding and I'll still have the rest with the group otherwise when I finish the curriculum.
    7468 karma
    @bbutler said:
    is it to late to join now?
    It is never too late to join. People come and go as it pleases them.
  • artemisartemis Member
    53 karma
    Hi all! I'm interested in joining the listed group BR tomorrow for PT37.

I just did PT37 using the 7sage proctor app but mistakenly had it set for a 28 minute section for the first 3 sections! No wonder I couldn't finish any of them in the time limit! Still it was good practice with trying to maintain composure when running out of time.

After break I set it for the standard 35 minutes on section 4 and finished 5 min early. Guess I still had go-faster mindset after those first 3.

I plan to do some earlier PTs to help proof out my PT testing setup so I don't waste future unseen PTs on issues like this.

I'm just starting going through the curriculum here.
    7468 karma
    @artemis said:
    I'm just starting going through the curriculum here.
    While I’m thrilled you want to do BR groups, you probably should go through the curriculum first before you do any more tests. We can talk in more detail about this tomorrow, but you don’t necessarily need to go through every question in the problem sets (You might want to save them for later in case you need to drill problem question types), just enough to get a feel for every question type. Otherwise, you’ll be burning through more recent PTs before you really have a solid understanding of the fundamentals.

Talk to you tomorrow!
  • artemisartemis Member
    53 karma
    Good point. Or at least only participate on the earlier PT ones right now.

Except for the time crunch, the tests are a lot of fun (I've only done a few problem sets so far and the June 07 PT and PT37).
    1392 karma
    Hey!

The group had a discussion on the status of the schedule and we're really not liking starting 70s so soon. We were thinking about perhaps after 49 instead of 39. That way we would have more experience with the tests before running into the fire.

How are you feeling about that @DumbHollywoodActor ??
    7468 karma
    @"The 180 Bro" What we could do is cycle through them again after PT 75. That way people have options. Thoughts?
    1392 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor Cycle through the 70's after PT 75?
  • megsvyas_OVOmegsvyas_OVO Alum Member
    218 karma
    I also don't really feel comfortable touching the 70s until I have at least 10 more tests under my belt (so like, PT 49). I'd love to touch the 70s after 49, and of course cycle through them again before the test.
  • lenelson2lenelson2 Member
    523 karma
    So which PT is schedule for this Thursday? I'm down for whatever. Thanks group!
  • kclubs323kclubs323 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    275 karma
    @megsvyas said:
    I also don't really feel comfortable touching the 70s until I have at least 10 more tests under my belt (so like, PT 49). I'd love to touch the 70s after 49, and of course cycle through them again before the test.
    @DumbHollywoodActor @"The 180 Bro"
    I think according to the current June schedule, the 70s would be cycled through twice. If some feel that it's too early to do the 70s, perhaps a compromise would be to wait until the second cycle through of the 70s? By that time, everyone would be up to pace having done all previous PTs. The one caveat would be that you would be BR-ing with the group only once for each of the preptests in the 70s.

Just a suggestion!
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    @bbutler I'm doing the same..

@kingofclubs323 +1 to what you said, I'm planning on hitting the 70s through the Saturday group and when I'm done with the curriculum adjust my PT schedule accordingly.
    7468 karma
    I'm happy to accommodate the request. Are there any objections to moving the sneak-peek of PT 70s back a month?
  • megsvyas_OVOmegsvyas_OVO Alum Member
    218 karma
    You are always so, so great @DumbHollywoodActor for all that you do. Thank you!
    1392 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor is winning on all cylinders.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor Thank you for being so accommodating!! I am fully supportive of whatever is best for the June group. In my case, delaying a month would be gratefully appreciated:)
    275 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor
    If we move back the PT 70s a month, how will this affect the BR group schedule? I'm sorry to trouble you, but at your convenience would you please update the schedule? Thank you!
    edited January 2016 7468 karma
    @kingofclubs323 said:
    I'm sorry to trouble you, but at your convenience would you please update the schedule?
    No trouble. In fact, it’s already been updated. We’re not actually pushing anything back; We’re just adding more options. We’ll just cycle through 70-74 twice.
    edited February 2016 7468 karma
    Here’s what it’ll look like:

[Edit]: All time PST

Fri Jan 22, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group 70
    Sat Jan 23, 2016 June LSAT BR Group PT 40
    Tues Jan 26, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 41
    Thurs Jan 28, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group 71
    Sat Jan 30, 2016 June LSAT BR Group PT 42
    Tues Feb 2, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 43
    Thurs Feb 4, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 44
    Sat Feb 6, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group PT 72
    Tues Feb 9, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 45
    Thurs Feb 11, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 46
    Sat Feb 13, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group PT 73
    Wed, Feb 17, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 47
    Thurs, Feb 18, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 74
    Sat Feb 20, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 48
    Tues Feb 23, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 49
    Thurs Feb 25, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 70
    Sat Feb 27, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group PT 50
    Tues Mar 1, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 51
    Thurs Mar 3, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT71
    Sat Mar 5, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group PT 52
    Tues Mar 8, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT53
    Thurs Mar 10, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 72
    Sat Mar 12, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group 54
    Tues Mar 15 , 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT55
    Thurs Mar 17, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 73
    Sat Mar 19, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group 56
    Tues Mar 22, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group PT57
    Thurs Mar 24, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 74
    Sat Mar 26, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group 58
    Tues Mar 29, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 59
    Thurs Mar 31, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 75
    Sat Apr 2, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group 60
    Tues Apr 5, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 61
    Thurs Apr 7, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 76
    Sat Apr 9, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group 62
    Tues Apr 12, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT63
    Thurs Apr 14, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR GroupPT 77
    Sat Apr 16, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group 64
    Tues Apr 19, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT65
    Thurs Apr 21, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT66
    Sat Apr 23, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group PT SP A
    Tues Apr 26, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 67
    Thurs Apr 28, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 68
    Sat Apr 30, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group PT SP B
    Tues May 3, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 69
    Thurs May 5, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 70
    Sat May 7, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group PT SP C
    Tues May 10, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 71
    Thurs May 12, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 72
    Sat May 14, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group PT SP C2
    Tues May 17, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 73
    Thurs May 19, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT 74
    Sat May 21, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group TBA
    Tues May 24, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group PT 75
    Thurs May 26, 2016 5pm June LSAT BR Group PT76
    Sat May 28, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group TBA
    Tues May 31, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group PT 77
    Thurs Jun 2, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group TBA
    Sat Jun 4, 2016 5 p m June LSAT BR Group PEP RALLY
    MON JUNE 6, 2016 1:00 LSAT Actual
  • MaritzaaMaritzaa Alum Member
    368 karma
    Is there anyone following this schedule that works full-time (9-5)? I am trying to follow but the most I can do is two tests per week. It usually takes me 2 - 3 days to do a good BR.

I usually need one night to take the test and the next two/three nights to BR. I do go over every question but I only type out my reasoning for the ones I circled and for the ones I got wrong. I also watch the videos.

I haven't been able to make a call because I'm either behind or have a scheduling conflict. I'll be taking PT 40 tonight and hope to have it BR'd by Sat night.

If I am watching JYs videos and able to understand the method, is it necessary to get on the call? If the calls are more beneficial, is it necessary to watch the videos?

Wondering if there is a better (quicker) way to do this without compromising the learning process.
    275 karma
    @Mitzyyyy said:
    If I am watching JYs videos and able to understand the method, is it necessary to get on the call? If the calls are more beneficial, is it necessary to watch the videos?

Wondering if there is a better (quicker) way to do this without compromising the learning process.
    I wouldn't say it's necessary, but I think it's very helpful. As we go over questions together on the BR call, we reason with one another and try to catch one another's reasoning "blindspots," for lack of a better phrase. Even if you're able to BR your preptests well by yourself, I'm sure there are still things you'd learn from others through the BR call. If you can, you should definitely try to make it!

Best of luck
    edited January 2016 7468 karma
    @Mitzyyyy said:
    Is there anyone following this schedule that works full-time (9-5)? I am trying to follow but the most I can do is two tests per week. It usually takes me 2 - 3 days to do a good BR.
    As a daytime daddy and a nighttime SAT tutor, I only have time to do 1 PT per week, so I will only do 1 BR call per week (usually Tuesday). So I plan my schedule accordingly.
    @Mitzyyyy said:
    is it necessary to get on the call? If the calls are more beneficial, is it necessary to watch the videos?
    I wouldn’t say there’s a dichotomy. Each has its own benefit. No one really has JY’s experience and expertise with the test, but JY can’t really respond to every nuance of the test nor to any clarifications you might desire. Plus, there’s a nice social component to the BR calls that you just don’t get from the videos alone. I’d come to one of these having no expectation other than to talk about LSAT and go from there. In my experience, each BR call is unique and takes on the character of its participants.

I’d BR your test first (If you’ve done about 5 PTs, I’d stop BR-ing every question. You really do need to start testing your confidence by only BR-ing your circled questions--even if your BR score goes down because of it.) and then do the BR call before you watch the videos. You have a better shot of pinpointing what's wrong with your reasoning if you come to a BR call ignorant of the answers.

Hope to see you there soon!
    edited January 2016 368 karma
    Thanks guys! @DumbHollywoodActor I think you're right. I am going try only BRing the circled questions. Anything I get wrong will wait until I get on the call. :)

One more question: Once you do go over questions that you got wrong, do you type out the reasoning or do you take a mental note?
  • bbutlerbbutler Inactive ⭐
    edited January 2016 401 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor I think that's a great idea, definitely gives more options for people earlier in all levels of their prep and will serve as a great gauge of progress throughout.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Hey @Mitzyyyy. I work 8 to 4 Mon through Fri. I take one or two pts a week according to the June schedule. It takes me like 2-3 days to br too and another day to review again. You're not alone lol.
    edited January 2016 368 karma
    @nanchito The struggle is REAL! Ha
  • BackoftheEnvelopeBackoftheEnvelope Alum Member
    171 karma
    Just inputted all of the dates in my calendar. Looking forward to join on the next session!
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    What's the benefit of retaking some of the tests on an almost monthly basis? Especially the 70s..won't you just remember the answers to questions you struggle with?
    7468 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" said:
    What's the benefit of retaking some of the tests on an almost monthly basis? Especially the 70s..won't you just remember the answers to questions you struggle with?
    Absolutely. This is just to give people options. The schedule is assuming less than perfect attendance. The purpose is to include as many opportunities as possible to get acquainted with the more modern tests.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor

ahh gotcha, was comparing my own PT schedule with this and was just wondering. Thanks!
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    Any way to make some of the BR sessions start later to accommodate those who work? Would really appreciate like an 8pm EST start time.
    7468 karma
    @StopLawying said:
    Would really appreciate like an 8pm EST start time.
    Those are PST. They actually all start at 8pm EST. :)
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor
    My bad, thanks!!!
  • BackoftheEnvelopeBackoftheEnvelope Alum Member
    edited February 2016 171 karma
    So...we're not doing a BR today? Waited 10 mins for the organizer to start the meeting.. Hopefully the BR for PT 48 on Saturday is still on. Would appreciate confirmation!
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @BackoftheEnvelope said:
    So...we're not doing a BR today?
    We are doing a special panel webinar you should join! That's why there's no BR tonight so that everyone can join! Starts at 9pm ET.
    7468 karma
    @BackoftheEnvelope said:
    So...we're not doing a BR today? Waited 10 mins for the organizer to start the meeting..
    BR group was postponed
    https://7sage.com/discussion#/discussion/6883/june-test-takers-week-of-feb-15th-weds-pt-47-thurs-pt74-and-sat-pt-48
    7468 karma
    @StopLawying said:
    My bad, thanks!!!
    No big. I wasn’t specific on my comment (which I’ve now edited). :)
  • Cayenne43Cayenne43 Alum Member
    195 karma
    How do I join the BR call on Thursday?
    7468 karma
    @DeeJayGee said:
    How do I join the BR call on Thursday?
    Each day of the BR call, I put out a discussion alert on the forum. There’s a link in that discussion. Click it and you’ll be sent to the meeting. Just wait if there’s no one talking right away. Here’s today’s alert: https://7sage.com/discussion#/discussion/6952/june-test-takers-tonight-pt49-br-8pm-et