Edinburgh

in General 82 karma
This might be a stretch, but is there anyone in Edinburgh, Scotland looking for a study buddy?

Comments

• amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    Off topic but ahhhhh edinburgh is so beautiful! Missing that Elephant house apple pie yummy!
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    @patricia.martin.robles how far along are you in your studies? Have you tried the br groups?
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    edited January 2016 578 karma
    I live abroad too, so I empathize with you, @patricia.martin.robles
    I suggest trying to find a study buddy to Skype with from within the 7sage community. That's what I did and I found it to be really motivating and helpful. The BR groups @nanchito mentioned are helpful, but because of the time difference, it might be difficult for you to join.
  • 82 karma
    @mes08 Where do you live? Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try to find a study buddy ASAP! Do you just do BR with them? How do you feel studying with a buddy helps?

@nanchito Sorry for the late response! I've been studying pretty much since October, took the first test totally unprepared and got a 149 (logic games killed me). Then took the test again in December and got a 149 again! I was so disappointed, but not shocked, as I suffered from horrible anxiety during the rc part of the exam! I hadn't really taken practice tests to prepare for those, so I think on test day the test conditions really affected me. Since the December LSAT, I've taken all of the practice tests in the 7sage started pack and have been averaging around 159-160, so that's a big jump. I'm just about to withdraw from the Feb exam and register for June, as I think I might still be unprepared and I think my LSAT anxiety is linked to lack of confidence from feelings unprepared. Anyway, sorry for the novel! Is there anything you recommend besides the BR groups? (I think the time change is going to make it too difficult for me to join!)
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    @patricia.martin.robles I'm currently based in Turkey. With my study buddy, we shared our PT schedule for the coming weeks via e-mail,and then every weekend I think we'd spend about 1-3 hours BRing the PT we had taken that week. I deliberately made sure to find a study buddy who was scoring about the same as I was, so that we could hash out our mistakes together. I think it really depends on how you study best, but I found that having a study buddy helped keep me accountable to a schedule and it motivated me. Also, if you have a study buddy with different strengths/weaknesses, it can be helpful to teach other different strategies. My study buddy was really good at LR while my strength was LG. I took the LSAT for the last time in Oct (took it 3 times :/ ) or else I'd volunteer to study with you. However, there's plenty of ppl on 7sage, so I'm sure you can find someone. If you Skype them in their morning and your evening, the time difference shouldn't be too much of a problem. Good luck!
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    @mes08 Glad to see you're still around! Hope things are going well.