Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Snacks for test day - 7Sage Forum

Snacks for test day

MarcoPoloMarcoPolo Free Trial Member
in General 7 karma
I am taking the February 6th LSAT (tomorrow) and wanted to hear some input on what the best snacks are for test day. Remember, it has to fit in the 1 gallon ziploc bag along with all of your other items like pencils, erasers, wallet, keys, 20 oz plastic drink, etc. Thanks for your input!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    A tightly wrapped burrito in foil is the secret to a 180.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited February 2016 3197 karma
    Well... I took a hard boiled egg and a snack pack from Costco (veggies and peanut butter) lol and an ice pack! Yes it all fit in my bag. Also had a snack granola bar if I was feeling like I needed more sugary carbs...

But I practiced what I ate to find the best combo... And yes ice packs are ok as long as they fit in your bag. I called the LSAC beforehand to check.

Yes... I take my food seriously.

Ideally you want to have a snack high in protein, water and some fats plus sugars so you're brain is functioning on all cylinders.

That's why I picked peanut butter, veggies, a coconut granola bar and an hard boiled egg.

Peanut M&Ms can be a good choice as well as Snickers (What a few Law Students told me when I asked for snack advice). There's a lot of things you can read about Google "pre exam foods", Some foods help leading up to the days/weeks before a test and others are good right before a test.
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    You know what I want? GUSHERS. I am going to buy gushers. They are just so good and explode in your mouth with a fruity flavor! They are also high in fruit vitamins because they taste like fruit! You would be a fool to not buy gushers for test day!
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2016 2086 karma
    @Pacifico I did a group PT once. The person 3 seats away from me soon found out that a burrito is the secret to clearing a room. So I suppose you are right, if you're banking on an incredibly generous curve.

On a serious note, I would bring "energy" snacks. Assuming your body has no issues with them.
    3197 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    On a serious note, I would bring "energy" snacks. Assuming your body has no issues with them.
    Yep, ideally you've been eating them during the week for your break during your PTs to make sure its all good. One girl in Oct bought a Starbucks Espresso out of the vending machine... apparently she had never had one before. It wasn't pretty... she was like losing it during the 5th section. We were in a U shape and she had the seat across from me. The proctors had to tell her to stop fidgeting.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Perfect Bars are the credited response.

I hear @c.janson35 ate an entire chipotle burrito WITH guac and a large blended coffee.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" I heard about those, which flavor do you like?
    2086 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" My condolences go to whoever was sitting next to him...

@stepharizona Someone was clearly anxious! Or didn't get much sleep.
    @MrSamIam said:
    Someone was clearly anxious! Or didn't get much sleep.
    LOL I did not want to leave anything to chance. My bag was hilarious...

Hahahaha I forgot I also packed energy gummies! I had to take my car key off and just take in my ID but it all fit in the bag sealed :)

Oh that would be a fun thread... Ziplock contents!
    edited February 2016 2086 karma
    @stepharizona Haha, you're making me feel under prepared. I believe I had 2 energy bars and a half eaten sandwich. To this day I still don't know who ate half of my sandwich.

If someone doesn't start it, I'm going to have to!
    @MrSamIam said:
    If someone doesn't start it, I'm going to have to!
    Lol I did... start the thread not eat it.

It was so funny I was standing by a group of girls and we all had fairly full bags, but the guys in the other line had a bag with 2 pencils and a Gatorade.
  • jrodriguez47jrodriguez47 Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    I'm the type of person who hates eating in the morning, so I just took a bottle of water, granola bar, and a bit of nut mix with me last time I took the exam. Same plan for tomorrow.
    2086 karma
    @stepharizona I'll have to check it out, haha.
    Now that's what I'm talking about! Okay it's not just me.