Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neck hurts

skaplan9190skaplan9190 Alum Member
edited February 2016 in General 137 karma
Anyone else find that doing PTs is a literal pain in the neck? After more than three hours at a desk using my right hand to bubble answers I had the worst neck and shoulder pain. I do a ton of yoga and stretch, and have pretty good posture so I'm wondering, is this avoidable? How are you guys doing these PTs in terms of desk etc..?

Comments

• LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    Awesome gesture but you can't do this as far as I know. I would take this down!
  • skaplan9190skaplan9190 Alum Member
    edited February 2016 137 karma
    @LSATKingsman - thank you, I thought it was fine since I wasn't selling them but better to play safe than sorry. Couldn't figure out how to take a post down so just changed the post instead. If you know how to remove a post let me know! All I can seem to do is edit.
  • 2RARE2CARE2RARE2CARE Member
    248 karma
    @skaplan9190 Yes I had agonizing shoulder/neck/clavicle pain. I have fucked up rotator cuffs from the gym so I figured t was that. I soon realized it was the test. I started seeing a chiro and take muscle relaxers going into the February LSAT. They don't affect me cognitively and do not make me tired. Methocarbonol
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited February 2016 12637 karma
    @skaplan9190 You ping one of the admins for removal - so either myself or @"Nicole Hopkins" :)

But as @LSATKingsman said, trying to share licensed materials with people will get you in trouble with LSAC.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    I was having arm pain from my shoulder all the way down to my fingers especially after a PT. If your pain persists, you may want to have it checked out. Last week I went to an orthopedist and was diagnosed with radial carpal tunnel - a compressed nerve in my right forearm. Although I am glad to understand the problem and start occupational therapy to avoid shots and surgery, trying to take PT's with a wrist/hand/arm brace has been a true "pain" in the arse.
  • skaplan9190skaplan9190 Alum Member
    137 karma
    oy so sorry to hear that @twssmith but glad to hear you're taking care of it. Since I've only taken two full timed PTs so far I'm just worried about when I start doing them consistently considering how bad my shoulder and neck felt after this last one. Not sure if it was the height of my desk/way I was sitting or what but I definitely have to figure something out because that's going to suck when doing ~3 PTs a week. Hope your occupational therapy helps!!
  • poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    496 karma
    Had this problem a couple months ago and I literally could not make it through my PT without being in a ton of neck/shoulder pain. After going to a bunch of different doctor visits and getting a couple of MRIs (I also had severe headaches that during certain heavy lifts at the gym and my dr was scared it was brain related)-- we finally figured out that I had sustained a neck injury from the gym (several inflamed discs etc.) I suggest getting a thorough check up to see if it's a deeper underlying problem. Need to now get physical therapy but at least I know what's wrong! Also, make sure that your chair is comfortable/supportive especially if you're sitting in it for long hours to study and PT-- invest in a good chair!