Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back from vacation, and I'm ready for this.....again

KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
in General 260 karma
After a 2 month break (and a more recent week-long trip which was extended thanks to a winter storm), I am fully committing myself to study for the LSAT again. I took the December exam and did absolutely horrible, a score that I'm legitimately embarrassed to reveal, a score that I KNOW is not indicative of what I am capable of scoring. I didn't even bother applying anywhere because what the hell was the point... I basically took a 2 month hiatus from LSAT/TLS/7sage. I actually feel refreshed and looking forward to study for this S.O.B again. The positive thing about already taking it is that I know what DIDN'T work: taking 3 PT's a week, followed by a crappy BR session afterwards... not learning from mistakes on PTs... barely drilling... barely exercising and not relieving stress/anxiety... barely working in order to study (I seriously took 1.5 months off prior to my exam)... not mimicking test-day as well as I thought did... I can go on and on, unfortunately.....

I have 10 fresh PTs (plus whatever most recent PTs are available that I'll purchase which will bring the total to about 14 or 15, right?). I'm really thinking about re-taking in October because I honestly don't feel that June is enough time for ME. I believe that October will allow me to balance LSAT / Life / Small Vacations / Work... June feels rushed to me.

I plan to take a PT every other week in the exact room I took the actual exam, followed by BR and drilling, something I didn't really do despite having the cambridge bundle! I've been going to the gym since Jan 1st (new year, new me watch out watch out haha), gotten into a routine and whatnot. Also plan to work more than I did before (work at my family's business, so hours are lenient which is how I took 1.5 months off as previously mentioned).

How should I go about getting things back into motion, getting the juices flowing?
Do you feel that waiting til October is worse than taking in June?
I'm starting again on Monday the 8th.

Comments

• runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    Welcome back! I think October is a wise choice, especially if you are planning to go through the curriculum again and do all the drills before PT's as it would give you ample time to do so.
    I don't have any special tips about getting the juices flowing, but hanging around here generally helps put you in an LSATy frame of mind.
    There's going to be a lot of February LSAT talk in a couple of hours when people start getting back from their test, so all that nervous energy around might help you get into the swing of things.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2016 2086 karma
    First off, good job. You did everything correctly - took a break, came back fresh.
    Next, understand that there is absolutely NO POINT in PTing if you haven't actually PRACTICED prior. The point of a PT is to assess where you stand. If you PT without studying and practicing, you can't expect to improve - yes, I'm aware that PTs also help increase accuracy and efficiency in answering the questions, but, those are best improved with slow and steady studying.
    That said, don't touch those 10 PTs until you've completed the curriculum. Understand the lessons, understand why every correct answer choice you see during practice is correct, and why the wrong ones are incorrect, and make sure you know how you're going to attack each question. Then do your PTs.

Would sitting the Oct test be a bad choice? In light of what you just said, no. You've already made it clear that sitting the June test is not ideal for YOU. You're taking this test for YOU. So, you're better off sitting the October test.

In terms of getting the juices flowing, do what works for you. Start off slow, make sure the information sticks, and speed up when you feel that you're going too slow. Just do what makes you comfortable.