Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Admissions Question

MaritzaaMaritzaa Alum Member
edited January 2016 in General 368 karma
Hypothetical:

Let's say I apply to LS with the Dec lsat score and get in for this upcoming cycle. Can I still take the LSAT in June and Sept for a better score, decline admission, and reapply for the next cycle?

No extenuating circumstances...only because I received a better score (much better score).

Not sure what the rules are re this.

Anyone?

Comments

• cverdugocverdugo Free Trial Member
    136 karma
    From what I know, and feel free to correct me anyone, is that you once your accepted schools will start to throw seat deposit deadlines at you. For example you get in to a school they will say by April please send us a check for $500 (could range higher or lower), and then there will be a 2nd seat deposit in the mid-summer. So theoretically you can do what your saying but you might lose out on $1,000 because of deposit fees. But if a significantly higher score is possible I would say that $1,000 is nothing in the long run!
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    I'm intrigued by this question.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Ditto to what @cverdugo. You can always back out but you will lose money on the deposit you'll pay to the school you choose to accept.
  • MaritzaaMaritzaa Alum Member
    368 karma
    Thanks @cverdugo and @blah170blah! I was under the impression that once you're in the "admission phase" LSAC won't allow you to simultaneously be in the "application phase."

I have a friend who is adamant that this is an option, I don't think it is, but not sure. :/

@"Nicole Hopkins" @Pacifico @"Jonathan Wang" ... do you guys know anything about this?
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    This article isn't directly about the topic you've discussed, but it may help to provide you with an answer:

https://www.law.yale.edu/admissions/jd-admissions/ask-asha/scholarship-deadlines-truth-power

Also, you can always call LSAC directly and ask this question; it may be more comforting to hear the answer directly from them.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @c.janson35 said:

Also, you can always call LSAC directly and ask this question; it may be more comforting to hear the answer directly from them.
    I agree with this.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yes you can do this if you're talking about two different schools. You could possibly pull it off at the same school but it would require a bit more finesse you might say. You could even go so far as to accept admission, attend 1L at a school, give up all your credits, drop out, and reapply as a 1L somewhere else.
    @Mitzyyyy said:
    I was under the impression that once you're in the "admission phase" LSAC won't allow you to simultaneously be in the "application phase."
    I'm not sure what you mean by phases in this statement. I have already been admitted to a school, have gone complete at other schools, just submitted to some schools, and haven't applied to some other schools yet. Furthermore, LSAC has nothing to do with you accepting or declining admission.

• MaritzaaMaritzaa Alum Member
    368 karma
    So it is an option! Thanks for the clarification!
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    attend 1L at a school, give up all your credits, drop out, and reapply as a 1L somewhere else.
    Do 1L+ 1L +1L = JD? I like to bounce around
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @nye8870 said:
    Do 1L+ 1L +1L = JD? I like to bounce around
    I'm sure if you ended that charade at Summit you could at least still get them to pay you not to take the bar there.
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    @cverdugo dont decline..just try to defer your top choice for one year and hit it hard for JUNE 16