Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skipping Question in LR

Cayenne43Cayenne43 Alum Member
in General 195 karma
After listening to the skipping webinar, I have started to implement skipping when I PT mostly in the LR sections. Now that I have started skipping, I am averaging about 5-7 minutes left over at the end of an LR section, so I go back and do the questions that I skipped. Right now I am able to select an answer choice for every question that I skipped by the time the 35 minutes is up. Is that the proper way to skip? Should I aim to have an answer for every question that I skip or should it be that there are two or three questions blank with no answer selected at the of end of an LR section?

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Don't change what you're doing. That is exactly how skipping works. You skip with the intention of coming back and completing all of the questions. Have an answer for every question. In the event that even after skipping and returning to a question you still nearly run out of time, guess. Never leave anything blank. A 20% chance of getting a question right is far better than a 0% chance of getting it right.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    You're on the right track and I second all the advice given above. Ideally you want to finish your first go round in the 25-30 minute range having given an average of a minute to each question. Then with the remaining 5-10 minutes you give that second look which will be all you need for some questions, while others you will still struggle with. As you get better and better at this the number of questions you have to come back to will start to dwindle just like the number of questions you circle for BR. And of course:
    @MrSamIam said:
    Never leave anything blank.