Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

September Blind Review Group

Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
edited April 2016 in Study Groups 27829 karma
Hello September LSATers!

I am very excited to be assisting @bjphillips5 in leading the September BR group, and as it is getting about that time, we’d like to reach out in order to get some feedback from the group on things like what days and times are best for people. We’ve got a diverse geographic spread, so we want to be able to accommodate everyone as well as possible.

So our first question is when to begin. The sooner we start, the more time we’ll have to schedule breaks for holidays and things. A later start will give those who need it a little more time to review curriculum. As a reminder here, everyone works at their own pace, and no one should feel any pressure to rush themselves to begin PTing before they are ready!

Secondly, I believe we’ll be able to follow Benjamin’s excellent tentative schedule with little change, we just need to figure out how best to structure our meetings throughout the week to best accommodate everyone. The scheduling must conform to the following rules:
The group may meet on Saturday or Sunday but not both.
If the group meets twice on weekdays, the group does not meet on Wednesdays.
The group does not meet on consecutive days.
If the group meets on Saturday, it does not meet on Monday or Thursday.
If the group meets on Sunday, it does not meet on Tuesday or Friday.

Last, what times work best for people? Weekdays will be more restricted, but on the weekends I don’t see any reason why we couldn’t meet at 4am. Just kidding, but weekends will be generally more flexible, so I’ll attach one poll for weekdays and another for weekends.

That’s all for now! I’m tagging everyone who has expressed even tentative interest, so do them polls y'all. Please tag anyone I missed or that you think might be interested.

@bjphillips5 @jennilynn89 @Skywalker @MrSamIam @Mitzyyyy @ericbarocio @nader.parham @Omed_OvO @learn2225 @lenelson2 @radsay @jessicalj @johanna.ea.greenberg @Mookittyy @kylereinhard @LostInLawLawLand @jimedgett @lois.s.ahn @jimenezja.jj @180pronto @CocoZhang @sweetsecret @"Keane Xavier” @"Purple Paris” @"Will Giron” @"Jonathan W.” @"Jeong P.”
September BR Group
  1. When to Begin.39 votes
    1. 4/11
      25.64%
    2. 4/18
        5.13%
    3. 4/25
      30.77%
    4. 5/2
      38.46%
  2. What Days?39 votes
    1. Sub game board 1: Saturday & Tuesday or Wednesday
      35.90%
    2. Sub game board 2: Sunday & Wednesday or Thursday
      53.85%
    3. Sub game board 3: Monday or Tuesday & Thursday or Friday (excepting Tuesday and Thursday, of course)
      10.26%
  3. Weekday time: All times in Central Standard Time Muahahahahahha!!!! How’s it taste East Coast!?39 votes
    1. 5 pm
      15.38%
    2. 6 pm
      20.51%
    3. 7 pm
      20.51%
    4. 8 pm
      43.59%
  4. Weekend Time: Don’t forget to convert East Coast!39 votes
    1. 10 am
      35.90%
    2. 12 noon
      15.38%
    3. 2 pm
      10.26%
    4. 4 pm
        2.56%
    5. 6 pm
      15.38%
    6. 8 pm
      20.51%

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    Got you down @LSATKingsman !
  • lois.s.ahnlois.s.ahn Member
    43 karma
    Thanks so much for organizing all this :D
  • MookittyyMookittyy Member
    167 karma
    Late as possible on weekdays best IMO. Anytime on weekends, LSAT is gonna be hella early anyway. Also later start would be preferable, since I am still not even close to finishing the curriculum. :P
    27829 karma
    Thanks for the feedback so far guys! Keep it coming, and by all means, debate the merits of different options if you have reasons for a preference.
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Thanks for organizing this, could you also include me in the group?
    27829 karma
    You got it NP.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    10-4. Can't wait!
  • SkywalkerSkywalker Alum Member
    214 karma
    Thank you for your leadership, @"Cant Get Right"
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    Awesome!
    edited April 2016 27829 karma
    Looks like about half the votes are in, thanks for responding everyone!

I’m trying to tag all those from above who’s tags didn’t work to make sure everyone gets a chance to see this; but it’s only letting me do one at a time, so going to add in a series of comments with each of them tagged individually. Sorry for the clutter!

@"Purple Paris"
    27829 karma
    27829 karma
    27829 karma
    27829 karma
  • katherine.tkatherine.t Alum Member
    101 karma
    me too!
    27829 karma
    Added you to the list @katherine.t .
  • lenelson2lenelson2 Member
    523 karma
    Thanks so much for organizing @"Cant Get Right"
  • Jonathan W.Jonathan W. Member
    48 karma
    Thanks so much for organizing this!!! Looking forward to working with you all!
  • bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" is awesome.
  • MookittyyMookittyy Member
    167 karma
    Do we have a rough approximation of when the poll will be closed for final decisions? It looks like, right now, there is a tie on when to start the group. Since I voted for the latest option, my vote isn't making a huge impact there, but would prefer the 4/25 start over 4/11 if it comes down to a tie after polling is closed.
    27829 karma
    @Mookittyy I was thinking about doing run off voting for anything that doesn’t reach a majority. Looks like we’ve got most of the votes in, so we’ll leave up a few more days and then see what it looks like then. And thanks everybody! Making the actual schedule is the part of all of this I would dread doing, so @bjphillips5 really made all this easy! I can’t wait for us to get started!

So anybody work out the rules on the days thing? I’m not much of a psychometrician but I think it all works. Y’all know that’s what they’re called right? psychometricians.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    so do them polls y'all. Please tag anyone I missed or that you think might be interested.
    What did you use to create this poll? I

I might be joining the Sept group, as I am still not sure about my June test yet.
  • 180pronto180pronto Free Trial Member
    58 karma
    Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen!

Any idea when the dates/times are set in stone?
    27829 karma
    @stepharizona There’s actually an option to add a poll when you start any new discussion. And if you do decide to hold off for September, let me know and I’ll add you to the list!

As quickly as everyone has responded to this poll, @180pronto , I think we should have something in about a week or so.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    There’s actually an option to add a poll when you start any new discussion. And if you do decide to hold off for September, let me know and I’ll add you to the list!
    I wonder if that is a "mentor" feature, as I don't see it... or I'm just overlooking it... or both ha. Yes I know thats an invalid argument... or is it?!?!?!
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    How come there is no September 2016 LSAT study group, the only I see are February and June. I just wanted to say I'm officially joinng the Septies for the LSAT. There is no way I can get through the curriculum in time for the June test AND get adequate PTing in. My plan is to spend the next two months getting through the curriculum and training and then PTing from June on. So yeah, I'm in for this group too!
  • kokobazookakokobazooka Member
    127 karma
    Hey @"Cant Get Right", got room for one more? Would love to join.
    27829 karma
    The more the better! I’ve you down @sweetsecret and @kokobazooka
    27829 karma
    Not sure @stepharizona . It’s located right above the post discussion button for me. May be a mentor feature, this is the first one I tried to do, so never really noticed.
  • TheGreatRaymondoTheGreatRaymondo Alum Member
    51 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Great work. I still have a long way to go in the curriculum but would love to be part of the group.
    27829 karma
    Of course @TheGreatRaymondo, I’ll add you on.
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    edited April 2016 1024 karma
    10 a.m. on Saturday morning? Do I even need to say it?

• nasphillnasphill Member
    108 karma
    Would love to join!
    27829 karma
    Got you on the list @nasphill .
  • jimenezja.jjjimenezja.jj Alum Member
    187 karma
    The 1 hr difference is such an impact :( East coaster!!
    27829 karma
    Ha! Now you know how it feels for the rest of us. I can’t even watch the walking dead without having to figure out which way the Earth rotates first. It sucks.
  • CocoZhangCocoZhang Alum Member
    edited April 2016 476 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" I just figured out a way to attend both of the meetings haha. Because in UAE, weekend is Friday and Saturday, and because there is a 9-hour time difference, if we schedule the meetings on Thursday evening (Friday morning my time) and Sunday morning (Sunday evening my time), then I am able to attend both! And it seems like Sunday morning + Wednesday/Thursday evening option is by far the most popular one, which is great.

For the Thursday evening meeting, if it is scheduled at 8PM (which is 5AM my time), I am able to attend the second half (at least from 6AM). If you guys can push the starting time to 8:30PM that would be awesome, but no pressure.

I think it looks great to me. Working on core curriculum now!
    27829 karma
    Right on @CocoZhang ! I was wondering how we were going to fit you in, at least occasionally, but that seems to have actually worked out really well. Glad you'll be able to join us on the regs!
  • Will GironWill Giron Alum Member
    19 karma
    Thank you for the tag! Looking forward to starting!
    58 karma
  • legallyblondelegallyblonde Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    27829 karma
    Welcome to 7Sage @legallyblonde . You want in on this badass BR group?
    58 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" yes count her in
  • devosoccerdevosoccer Free Trial Member
    9 karma
    Could I join?
    27829 karma
    Sure thing @devosoccer . I’ll tag you when I post the next one, so just be on the lookout.
  • J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma
    Hey, I'm late to the game, but could I join??
    27829 karma
    Yep @"J. Tharp" . Just keep a look out for the biweekly posts. Looks like you've already found one! I'll add you to the tags.
  • aimhigheraimhigher Alum Member
    100 karma
    Hi! Could you add me please, if I'm not too late?
    27829 karma
    I suppose I could @aimhigher .
  • tcookPHLtcookPHL Alum Member
    300 karma

can you please add me into this??

This discussion has been closed.