Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Submitting applications before score

AidoeAidoe Free Trial Member
in General 236 karma
Is it possible to submit an application to a school before you even have an LSAT score on file? Since some schools review applications on a rolling basis, and since it's to your advantage to apply as early as possible, would an admissions committee review your application sooner than others if it was submitted earlier and then updated with an LSAT score several weeks later?

Comments

• PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    You can but they won't review it until you have a score. Also it might be better to wait since you might be able to get a fee waiver based on your score.
  • AidoeAidoe Free Trial Member
    236 karma
    You can get a fee waiver based on how well you score?
  • PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    edited April 2016 359 karma
    @Aidoe Yes, schools give out fee waivers based on LSAT score (but also for other reasons, too). You still need to pay the LSAC CAS fee, which is around $30 per school, although that can be waived based on financial criteria.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @Aidoe said:
    You can also get them for:
    1) Asking Nicely
    2) Having worked for PeaceCorp/TeachAmerica and often Americorps
    3) Work for a nonprofit
    4) Demonstrate Need
    5) Are a Vet
    6) Visit a school during "law day" or other day
    7) LSAC Forum
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @Aidoe said:
    would an admissions committee review your application sooner than others if it was submitted earlier and then updated with an LSAT score several weeks later?
    Also schools often encourage doing this to "hold your place in line" as in theory, your app will be "ahead" of those that applied after they received LSAT scores. But the cost of doing so, is not worth it in my opinion, as you lose out on waivers, and you wont be *that* far ahead.

It seems to be more a ploy to increase applications rather than provide an advantage to applicants.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @Aidoe said:
    To the school, yes.
  • AidoeAidoe Free Trial Member
    236 karma
    Ok, thanks! So it sounds like I should probably hold off submitting an application even if I have it done until I get a score on file.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @Aidoe said:
    So it sounds like I should probably hold off submitting an application even if I have it done until I get a score on file.
    Yes.