Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Trainer Advice

Austin_Longhorn15Austin_Longhorn15 Alum Member
in General 5 karma
How did you go about adding the LSAT Trainer along side 7sage in your prep? I've heard it's a great resource, but I'm not sure how to use the two simultaneously while studying.

Comments

• Kelsey247Kelsey247 Alum Member
    4 karma
    Are you referring to the LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    I believe most users will complete 7Sage, then move to the Trainer. There's a lot of threads on the Trainer I can link to you:
    https://7sage.com/forums/discussion/3148/
    https://7sage.com/forums/discussion/3224/
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/3329
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2016 2424 karma
    They are very compatible indeed! A lot of LSAT Trainer lovin' thrown around in this site.

I wouldn't use the 2 simultaneously though. Pick one first, finish it, and then supplement with the other. If you want to start with a more structured curriculum go with 7Sage first. If you prefer to read instead of watching videos and/or to have a more macro level view of the LSAT first go with the Trainer. I started with 7Sage and then transitioned into the Trainer, which worked for me; but I know of other people who did the opposite and it worked for them as well. Whatever floats your boat.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    I agree with what Alejandro stated above. I picked up The LSAT Trainer because I needed clarification on Sufficient Assumption Questions. I just wasn't getting it. I needed another perspective. After reading the flaw section things just started making more sense for me. I would buy the book just for the flaw sections! If you start with 7 Sage, I would btw, read the flaw section in the Trainer before you get into the different question types. I have the older version, but it's Lesson 5: Flaws. I think you could read 5-9 and be ok. I just think there were little nuggets that helped me better understand the different types of flaws and also better understand the task. 7 Sage covers this, it's just not covered until later on in the curriculum. Idk but I think I could've grasped things quicker if I had had the info earlier in the curriculum.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @Alejandro said:
    Pick one first, finish it, and then supplement with the other.
    This!
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    Agreed with the commenters above. I got the basics from 7Sage before I started on LSAT Trainer. Using the knowledge I gained from 7Sage, the material made much more sense to me while reading the trainer. Also, some people here recommend that you skip the Logic Games part of the book, however, I covered it and found that LG topics were reinforced properly. Yes, Mike uses different diagraming techniques in the Trainer but I stuck to what I learnt from 7Sage as no LG game system is better than what JY teaches you. However, Mike shows you a different perspective on how to tackle the games section.

I wouldn't recommend doing them simultaneously. Pick one up, finish it. Then start with the other. Both of these resources are priceless.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    Also, some people here recommend that you skip the Logic Games part of the book, however, I covered it and found that LG topics were reinforced properly.
    I personally started with The Trainer method but have heavily adopted from a few aspects of 7sage. A good complement, in either direction.
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    I personally started with The Trainer method but have heavily adopted from a few aspects of 7sage. A good complement, in either direction.
    Yeah, agreed. They complement each other perfectly in all sections. I was just really impressed with Mike's way of structuring the trainer.