Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please help!

dashunndahay.whitedashunndahay.white Free Trial Member
in General 6 karma
Hello! I am a rising Junior in college and I am looking to go to law school after I am finished with undergrad. Can someone please tell me where to begin in my LSAT prep or any study practices you've used during your LSAT preparations? Have I started to late in preparing?

Comments

• Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    No you're not too late. I think the average age of people entering law school is 25 so if anything you're early.

Don't feel like you need to rush into law school. It's not going anywhere.

But as far as LSAT prep goes, you're luckily in the right place. Sign up for a 7sage course! It's the most cost effect and in my opinion, best prep materials out there
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    Second @"Ron Swanson" .

Just don't neglect your GPA to study for LSAT. And don't take any PTs beyond the diagnostic until you're comfortable with the curriculum.
  • hlsat180hlsat180 Free Trial Member
    edited May 2016 362 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Just don't neglect your GPA to study for LSAT.
    This. LSAT + GPA are the main determinants for law school admissions. However, LSATs can be retaken but upon graduation your UG GPA is chiseled in stone. Many of us only wish we could go back and fix the latter.

You have the advantage of time + our hindsight: Focus on (1) highest UG GPA possible, and (2) obtaining awesome Letters of Recommendation. I wouldn't even bother with LSAT prep until these two priorities are secured.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Just don't neglect your GPA to study for LSAT.
    Amen.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Many law schools also prefer applicants to have a bit of post-grad work experience as well.
  • dashunndahay.whitedashunndahay.white Free Trial Member
    6 karma
    Thank you, all!