Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heard at the LSAT?

7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
in General 932 karma
Did anyone hear anything funny or unusual at the LSAT sitting? One person at mine was taking it cold and claimed her gpa was strong so the LSAT shouldn't matter much. Another person had studied for over a year and claimed she never scored over a 140 but her goal was a 145 so she could get into an unaccredited program. Another person said their logic games strategy was to spend all of their time on sequencing games (the person said games where you place things in order in a row) if they got one because they are the only ones that are even possible to do quickly. She said she would just guess on the rest of the logic games because trying didn't really change the result. Any others out there?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Wut...omg your post just got worse and worse the more I read lool. That's INSANE. I had a similar experience with a guy saying because he's a philosophy major, the LSAT will be a breeze cuz its all about the mind lol I don't get it. But I think the worst was the 140 girl. UM WHAT?!?!?! How do you AIM for an unaccredited school??? Also how do you not go above a 140 after a YEAR OF STUDY?!?! Holy crap your post just gave an interesting twist to my morning loool
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited June 2016 3197 karma
    @montahar said:
    How do you AIM for an unaccredited school??? Also how do you not go above a 140 after a YEAR OF STUDY?!?!
    Well everyone has different goals. Maybe they started at a 125 so a 140 is a huge gain. I agree, its not a great plan (especially for an unaccredited school), but who knows what has motivated her and her future career goals. Maybe she has no intentions of practicing but needs a JD.I know someone whos goal school was a 100+ ranked school with a 145 average, but she has a guaranteed job because of family connections. She just has to get degree. We are all different with different goals & abilities.
    3197 karma
    @7sagelsatstudent180 said:
    Did anyone hear anything funny or unusual at the LSAT sitting?
    The funniest thing I heard from someone at my Oct LSAT was....

"What do mean there are 5 sections?!?!? And what is a writing sample? Can I send that in from home?"
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Oh no doubt @stepharizona, I wasn't trying to belittle anyone but it just caught me off guard. It actually scared me because I'd hate to study for a year and not improve my low lsat score.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @stepharizona I can see why they got confused on the writing "sample." Especially if it was referred to as a writing sample and not a writing section.
    3197 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    I can see why they got confused on the writing "sample." Especially if it was referred to as a writing sample and not a writing section.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the proctor said section, but this was asked of the proctor before we started during the "any questions before we get started portion". Half the room looked terrified and the other half it seemed to relax.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @stepharizona Oh gosh...that's just terrifying.
    3197 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    @stepharizona Oh gosh...that's just terrifying.
    It made me believe all of those, some people just go and take the LSAT comments...
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    @stepharizona said:
    t made me believe all of those, some people just go and take the LSAT comments...
    The more the merrier. Improve that curve a couple more points!
    3197 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Improve that curve a couple more points!
    I believe I have read that the curves are already preset, determined by the experimentals.

But... I guess it would still be true. All of those people who just decided to take the LSAT cold years ago are helping us now?
  • CJF_2180CJF_2180 Alum Member
    106 karma
    Oh wow. I may have gone in cold for the SAT and the GRE, but the LSAT? No way. It's hard to.believe that some of these people who aspire to go to Law school haven't done enough research on how to get there.