Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My LSAT Story-NYC Subway Station

Lucas AlmonteLucas Almonte Alum Member
edited July 2014 in General 24 karma
Earlier this evening I was waiting for the train at the Fulton St. subway station when I noticed a young woman walking towards me carrying a violet/purple colored book. The familiar color and size of the book caught my attention. I immediately pieced together my observations and assumed that it was a Kaplan test prep book. Curious to know if I was correct, I fixed my eyes on the book hoping to see the famous Kaplan logo.

The young woman continued to walk towards me and as she came closer, I caught four white letters running across the violet backstrip/spine of the book—LSAT. It was a bittersweet sight. I was pleased to see someone else studying for the LSAT, but another glimpse of the book devastated me. The mere thought of her relying on Kaplan, as her (sole) source of information, was troubling. I had to act fast and recommend this site (7sage) to her.

Luckily, she stopped near me, albeit facing in the opposite direction. So I decided to tapped her on the shoulder. After exchanging greetings, I pointed at her LSAT book and asked her when she intended to take the test. She said this upcoming September—the same day as me. I advised her to check out the awesome and highly effective video lessons on here. She took out her cellphone and proceeded to type the name of the website on her note-taking app. At first she spelled the name of the website “sevensage.com”—which I found humorous—but I quickly corrected her perfectly understandable mistake. Suddenly, we heard the sound of the train as it approached the station. We knew there was not much time left. I made one last recommendation pitch as her train arrived. She thanked me for sharing the information and assured me that she would visit the site.

I was at peace with myself during my ride home because I know I did my part. Nevertheless, I genuinely hope she listens to my recommendation and explores this wonderful site!!

Comments

• Almost a BoomerAlmost a Boomer Alum Member
    384 karma
    You are a Saint. You did good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    310 karma
    I would have rather got her # then talk about the LSAT or maybe use the LSAT as an ice breaker and then get her #.

You screwed up bro.
  • madeleinemadeleine Alum Member
    259 karma
    I was blind reviewing in Bryant Park last week, when a guy walked past my table and said, "How's it coming?" Made my day. The struggle is real, but it is shared.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    @madeleine: Was he a fellow 7sage student? Or was it general sympathy?
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma
    Way to go Lucas - you saved her from Kaplan!
  • madeleinemadeleine Alum Member
    259 karma
    General sympathy I'm sure. Recognized my practice test. The guy didn't even break stride, but it looks like he survived it and appeared pretty lawyer-ly, which is just more reassurance that it can be done.
  • Robin HoodRobin Hood Alum Member
    11 karma
    How does one "appear" lawyer-ly?
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    It was probably Harvey Specter that approached madeleine.
  • $chedda$$chedda$ Alum Member
    edited July 2014 72 karma
    C'mon bro, you're only supposed to proselytize AFTER you've gotten in to your school of choice.