Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audio books?

in General 342 karma
Hey guys, this weekend is going to be a bad study weekend for me as I am going to practically be driving and working all weekend, does anyone know of any good books I can get on audio to help me study??? I figure if I am going to be driving 4.5 hours to San Antonio I might as well utilize it and listen to a book. Any suggestions? THX!

Comments

• MaxineSPMaxineSP Alum Member
    83 karma
    I listed to one that contained 180 LSAT tips. Some were helpful but many contradict each other so you have to be self-aware enough to decide which would work for you. Its pretty inexpensive on the iTunes store. "Let's LSAT: 180 tips from 180 students on how to score a 180 on the LSAT"
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    I love audio books! I use them for long nonfiction works which I sometimes struggle sticking with to the end. I “read” Rise and Fall of the Third Reich in three weeks after years of failed starts on it. How about something to stoke your interest in a problem RC topic category? For science, I don’t think there’s anyone better than Carl Sagan. “Pale Blue Dot” maybe. I think there may even be an RC passage taken from it. Or there’s always the “Great Course” series. They’ve got a ton of lectures on basically everything. They can be expensive, but they go on sale for $5 all the time on Audible, so maybe they’re running a special.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    I just did this the past 2 weekends. I am a fan of the Manhattan on a few things (so if you haven't used any of their materials before this I wouldn't start with those books but you can pick something else)

You can turn any book on kindle into an audio book. So if you have an LSAT back or Admissions book, like Peg or Iveys you can listen to it.

You can also do it with ibooks and pdfs, so if you have 7Sage pdf downloads you can listen to those too while driving.

This is the process if you werent aware:
    You open either iBooks or Kindle then
    Go to iphone settings then
    Click on General and you will see Accessibility click on that
    Choose voice over.and put "on"

Then go back to the kindle or ibooks app and swipe 2 fingers down on the book you have chosen and... voila

An audio book on your favorite LSAT related topic will start playing

I went through MH RC, MH LR, and both Pegs and Iveys admission books while road tripping 1800 miles over the course of back to back weekends.

If you are doing a book that has explanations in it, it can be a bit of a pain, but you can skip by swiping 3 fingers sideways.

If you have a good data plan, or carry a hot spot with you, you can always listen to 7Sage videos too. On one of my trips visiting NYC school last year, my travel buddy had a portable hotpot and I swear it seemed faster than my home internet!
  • 342 karma
    Thx! I ended up listening to some heavy classic lit, but this weekend I have to go at it again and I am going to go the route with the suggestions you guys gave! Cramming in as much studying as I can currently. I can't believe the Sept test is two months away... I am feeling better but we will see what happens the next couple of weeks. I am going to literally wait until Aug 10 to register... if I am not feeling it I am going to make the decision to wait until Dec.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    Sounds like a good plan!