Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Running out of time

mes08mes08 Alum Member
edited August 2014 in Logical Reasoning 578 karma
When I first started studying, I used to get through the LR sections with 3-5 minutes extra at the end to go over my mistakes. I'm not sure why, but for the last month I've been reading much more slowly and have barely been able to finish a section. Usually, I don't have time to read all the answers for the last one or two questions before running out of time. Does anyone have advice to increase speed without giving up accuracy?

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Probably because you are moving towards newer tests? This happened with me too but with RC.
  • RalphWiggumRalphWiggum Alum Member
    18 karma
    Have had the exact same experience, just started doing newer tests. Very discouraging.
  • SoCal JaporeanSoCal Japorean Free Trial Member
    147 karma
    Read complicated stuff and drill conditional logic. Makes you able to process LSAT information faster
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    These magazines/newspapers (The Economist, the New Yorker, and Scientific American) are worth checking out. They are written with sophistication matching that of the language you will find on the LSAT and have denser paragraphs.

Hope that helps!
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    Yes, that's right! I didn't think of that, but I have been moving on to much more recent practice tests. Will definitely check out the recommended magazines/newspapers and continue drilling conditional logic. Thanks for the advice!