Whew!

Omed_OvOOmed_OvO Alum Member
in General 158 karma
My fellow 7Sagers!

I just took my first PT after curriculum and experienced a +15pt increase! My diagnostic was 143. My goal is 165.

Any advice on how I can move from PT to PT and see even greater improvement? I'm trying to maximize the next two months (September 24 is game day). Obviously don't mind surpassing my goal score! :) #WhateverItTakes

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited July 2016 23929 karma
    @Omed_OvO Hey Omed,

First, let me congratulate you on such an amazing increase. 15 points is a substantial increase and you should feel really proud of yourself for accomplishing that!

So going forward, here is what I would do:

Take practice tests under timed conditions.
    And don't score until after you've done a proper blind review.

And make sure you focus on really thorough blind review.
    It may take a few hours, especially when you first start to properly blind review, but it is imperative if you want to see consistent improvements. Try your best to see what makes the answers correct, and conversely, what makes the wrong answer choices wrong. I even suggest writing out explanations in a note book or on a spreadsheet on your computer. I've heard that a lot of top scorers adopted doing this during their PT phase.

After, consider watching all of the explanations on 7Sage, even for the ones you got right. I don't think it can hurt to make sure your thought processes to getting to the right answers is the right one. Sometimes on the LSAT we can get to the correct answers in a way that may not be the most efficient or consistent.

With the 7Sage analytics you will be able to see your weak spots on PTs. I suggest reviewing the lessons on those weaknesses and drilling them to ensure you got it next time :)

Overall, I think you are in a great place right now. And hey, remember, if you aren't feeling 100% ready to kill it in September, you always have December.... So don't rush through the process.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Wow, congrats! :D
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    Very nice! You are definitely in range of your 165 and beyond! Congrats!

As you move into the PT phase, just don’t forget what your task is. It is very easy to get invested in the psychological validation that comes from generating scores. Sure, scores are kind of useful to evaluate your progress, but ultimately they don’t mean much. Keep your focus on learning the material. Maintain disciplined study strategies.

Like @"Alex Divine” said, thorough and effective Blind Review is absolutely essential. Definitely write out the explanations for every question you circled for BR. Write out a breakdown of the stimulus, then explain why each wrong answer is wrong and why the right answer is right. Really commit to being able to master every question. The more you struggle with a given question, the more important it is that you make it your bitch. Don’t just get to the right answer, really study it until you see right through it. If you really want to study at a high level, then you should see a 5 star parallel flaw question with the same clarity as a 1 star main point question after BRing it. Let it take as long as it takes. If you do miss one during BR, take it personally. Figure out why you weren’t good enough to get it and then become better. Return to the curriculum, drill, and then do like 1000 push ups or something crazy! Same thing for confidence errors. If you have a confidence error, then that question made a fool of you. It tricked you and you didn’t even know it. Make that question wish it had never been born. And then when you see its friends on future tests, make them wish they had never been born.

Anyway, point is, it really is better to take and BR a single test effectively than it is to half-ass ten. Extract every lesson a PT has to teach you. BR so effectively that when you miss something, the only explanation possible is that there is a gap in your knowledge and ability. This is by far the most effective way to identify and eliminate those weaknesses.
  • Omed_OvOOmed_OvO Alum Member
    158 karma
    Wow @"Cant Get Right" @"Dillon A. Wright" and @"Alex Divine"! Thanks for all your encouragement and insight! I'm going to do an intense BR session for this exam! I'll be sure to keep you posted!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Omed_OvO :) Definitely keep us posted on your progress. It actually motivates/inspires me a lot too see other people killing it!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    "#WhateverItTakes" you're on the Success Train boooiiiii
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Seems the advice is already solid enough and has covered all ground. But that increase out of the gate is amazing!