Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uconn Law free

theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
in General 1287 karma
ok so im a veteran so i get tuition waiver for CT state schools, but my gpa sucked imean it was terrible, after Afghanistan i mustve gone to school just so i wouldnt have to be home. l was able to graduate, but my gpa was a 2.6, i know shame on me, trust me i had some issues focusing on school once i got back. my question is what school do you guys think i need on my lsats to have a chance of going to UCONN? thick skin so dont worry lay it on me

Comments

• Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2016 1650 karma
    According to this website: http://law-schools.startclass.com/l/24/University-of-Connecticut...

UConn's 25th and 75th for LSAT is 153/158 while GPA is 3.13/3.62.

With a 2.6 GPA I'd say you absolutely need to shoot for a 160+, that's a given. If you want some scholarship hopes, get to 165. A high LSAT is a big trump card.

However, your military status and a well-written addendum may go a long way in mitigating your 2.6. Nevertheless you're going to need to get above their 75th percentile in order to compensate admissions for your low GPA.

So back to your original question, I'd say you should be alight given your veteran status at 160, but 165 would probably be a lock.

Thank you for your service, Ron Swanson is a huge fan of the troops
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    I'd say 157 minimum. Outside of the numbers, it sounds like you would be a very attractive candidate. 157 is a point above their median LSAT, so it would allow you to offer them something to make up for the GPA. You've just got to give them something to work with. Of course, the higher the better, but 157 would be a great start!
  • theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma
    Thank you @"Cant Get Right"
    Thank you @"Ron Swanson" the troops like Ron Swanson

ok 165 is my goal then !... where is Rachel Zane to tutor me !!?
  • sneakymurphsneakymurph Member
    56 karma
    I don't know if this is terrible advice, but if you have the opportunity, I'd stop by one of the information session nights that UCONN law hosts. I went to one a couple of years back when I was pondering the thought of law school... and the admissions counselor was very forthcoming (and friendly) of what would be realistic for my application and others in the info session. (This was of course after the formal part of the session was over.)

But a 165 seems reasonable. :) Good luck!
  • Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a veteran, current GPA is 2.63, I start my last year at UNT in a few weeks, about to have my BA in PSCI (finally.) I'm shooting for a 165 in Dec. I've been studying for the LSAT thing for a long time, put it off 4 times now, and finally going to take it in Dec. All my school is paid for here in Texas also. Do you know how that works if our tuition is already covered and the school offers us money, does it go directly to us or does the school sort of take it back? Congrats on making it home safe! If you ever feel like talking with a fellow veteran don't hesitate to pm me. PS, make sure you watch Nicole's webinar on how she went from 152 to up in the 170s.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    This is anecdotal, but a girl from my under grad goes there. I think she had around a 3.5 GPA and a 155 and got in. So I would venture to guess that @"Ron Swanson" and @"Cant Get Right" are correct. Aim for a 165, but if you get a 157+ you might as well apply. After all, Veteran status is a great soft! :)
  • theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma
    thanks @"Paul Pederson" yeah i'll look into her, and congrats on making it back too brother we'll support eachother in this battle now lol

@"Alex Divine" yeah i guess i need to really hit those PTs thank and yeah im hoping the veteran thing will help out