Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to stop scoring PT

souman11souman11 Alum Member
in General 72 karma
I am taking the LSAT on September 24 and am currently hitting a little higher than my desired score. I have been taking 2 tests a week (Wednesday and Saturday). I plan on keeping to this routine until Saturday September 17, which will be the last PT I take. I am curious if, and when, it is a good time to stop scoring PTs before test day?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I think it's good to take your last PT a week before game day and leave that week for light review and mainly focus on your health and well being. @"Cant Get Right" any input on this?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma
    Yeah, a lot of people prefer to stop grading all of their material the week before the test. With such little time left, no one is going to make any further improvements; but minor downswings in scores have the potential to throw people into a crisis of confidence. So the information that a graded PT or drill returns can really do more damage than good at that point. I'm only going to take a couple PTs that week, and they will both be retakes of tests I did really well on.

Another week before thing is to make sure you're going to be feeling good physically and mentally on the day of the test. Start waking up at whatever time you plan to wake up on test day. Go through the same routine every day, eat the same breakfast, drink the same amount of coffee at the same time, start going to bed early. Get into your rhythm. To me, this is the most productive thing you can possibly be doing the week before.