Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this eraser prohibited on day of test?

ThePaperChaseThePaperChase Free Trial Member
in General 75 karma
LSAC says "no erasers with sleeves" (http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/day-of-test).

I'm pretty sure they meant erasers with paper wrapping that you can easily take off and on.

I use this eraser because it's so easy and quick for me to erase things on my answer sheet: https://www.amazon.com/Pentel-Eraser-Retractable-Assorted-ZE21BP3-K6/dp/B001HA77OO

But it has a black case. Is this considered a sleeve? Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thank you!

Worst case scenario, I'm thinking the proctor looks at my eraser and tells me to chuck it, in which case I'll have brought a back-up plain eraser.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma
    The eraser comes out of the holder, so you could try that. I do think the holder would be considered a sleeve though.
  • dtodaizzledtodaizzle Alum Member
    58 karma
    I use those erasers all the time back in college. Now I use the erasers that are on the staedtler norica pencils; it is not as good as the pentel ones, but they are suppose to be the same ones found on Mars erasers.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I do think the holder would be considered a sleeve though.
    I would also agree. Our protector didn't allow those, but they were really strict, they also made people remove hoodies.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @dtodaizzle said:
    Now I use the erasers that are on the staedtler norica pencils; it is not as good as the pentel ones, but they are suppose to be the same ones found on Mars erasers.
    Yeah, that is probably what I'l use on game day. I use the Staedtler Noricas and the Staedtler Mars Plastic eraser and it has a sleeve. I could always just take the sleeve off the eraser too.

I feel like the mars/norica erasers work really well!
  • annaantonova1009annaantonova1009 Alum Member
    76 karma
    I literally thought about this same question yesterday! Upon further reading, LSAC says that prohibited items include"mechanical erasers or erasers with sleeves". I think this would be considered a mechanical eraser.

I plan on bringing my Staedtler Mars Plastic and the actual eraser from the Pentel Retractable without the case, for when I need to change any specific answer choices. The Mars erases everything in sight - not ideal for spot-fixes on the answer sheet!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @annaantonova1009 said:
    The Mars erases everything in sight - not ideal for spot-fixes on the answer sheet!
    True... Big eraser and not ideal for the spot-fixes. I might have to invest in smaller one for on-the-spot fixes.
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    I use the HI-POLYMER eraser it's white (it is shaped like a rectangle). You can get 3 in a pack from Target. I love it. I use it for all my pencils except one that has a really good eraser. I plan on using this on test day.
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    @nanchito yupp! that's the one!! I'm absolutely in love with it. I had no idea it was only $2 at Staples, I have a feeling mine is going to last a long time, but if I ever run out then I know what store I'm going to!
  • midna_twilimidna_twili Free Trial Member
    56 karma
    are eraser caps allowed?