Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attending tours & info sessions

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone had helpful tips on attending info sessions/tours. I know it's not an interview but I read somewhere that some admissions teams briefly take note of your behavior sometimes.

Should we be dressing in business professional or business casual? Also, should I bring resumes to law school fairs just in case?

Thank you!!!!!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27868 karma
    I haven't visited any law schools yet, so I'm not really sure. I'd also be interested to see if anyone has any experience with this. Of course, we'll want to be on our best behavior regardless, but no clue how best to dress.
  • jennilynn89jennilynn89 Alum Member
    822 karma
    Hi @badgalriri

I've visited two law schools so far, and am visiting two more this weekend.
    I'd recommend to dress business casual. You want to look well put together, so that you make a great impression while you are at the school. I've seen many people dress business professional as well while they were visiting law schools, so I think that it is probably up to you to decide what you feel most comfortable with.

I've taken my resume with me both times, and have never needed to hand it out. I won't be taking it with me this weekend. I've been to law school fairs as well, and they never wanted/asked for a resume either. I did have business cards with me though, that had my basic information on them that I handed out to certain school's I've had great conversations with.

Like @"Cant Get Right" said, you'll always want to be on your best behavior.
    Let me know if you have any other questions!