Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who wants to swap LSAT sessions with French conversation sessions?

CaffiendCaffiend Free Trial Member
edited March 2017 in General 17 karma

I'm high beginner/low int. in french and I got a 174 on the LSAT. We can skype/zoom? @"Dillon A. Wright" Sorry if this isn't allowed. Just delete me into non-existence.

Comments

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

share your LSAT journey first.haha

• CaffiendCaffiend Free Trial Member
    17 karma

@dennisgerrard We can discuss the long version en francais ;) But the short version is, I took twice, got ok scores, decided to take a summer off to study completely (with drilling and a new approach to RC) and scored 174 in september.

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

I didn't speak French.sorry haha~~

• Q.E.DQ.E.D Alum Member
    556 karma

Bonjer mone amy, jay parl fantsay avek un axon amerycan.

But really, I spoke decent French once upon a time. If you're struggling and need some pointers, IM me. Prelim advice would be to do 4 things: learn 20 verbs and 20 nouns every week, watch French movies, go talk to weirdos in French chat rooms and eke your way through a few articles from Le Monde.

Heads up, tons of perverts in French chats. Don't use a screen name that can in any way be interpreted in a feminine light. When I was a kid, I had pet turtles, so I used "tortue." Well, that's a noun of feminine gender in French. Big mistake.

On that note, I learned early how uncomfortable life might be for women. That was the Internet, but I think it just brought out the predatory appetites women sense in so many men all the time. Truly disturbing.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Salut! :D Je parle Francais (vraiment mauvais, je ne l'ai pas dit depuis des annees) mais j'etude pas pour le LSAT. Desole!

Can you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by swapping LSAT sessions so both I and the other students know what they're getting into? :P

• CaffiendCaffiend Free Trial Member
    17 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" Like do 40 min of LSAT stuff then 40 min of French conversation? I'm flexible.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@Caffiend said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright" Like do 40 min of LSAT stuff then 40 min of French conversation? I'm flexible.

Ahh, gotcha! That's fine. :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I took french from 7th grade until senior year of college and I can speak it pretty well. Unfortunately, if is one of those things where if you don't use it, you lose it... Maybe I'll brush up a bit and we can have a convo in French or something. Are you a natural francophone?

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

@Caffiend said:
    @dennisgerrard We can discuss the long version en francais ;) But the short version is, I took twice, got ok scores, decided to take a summer off to study completely (with drilling and a new approach to RC) and scored 174 in september.

new approach to RC? I'm curious. Want to elaborate?