Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts?

danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
edited September 2016 in General 4181 karma
Figure this might be a way to keep confidence up on test day. Doing this after having completed each section perhaps?

Comments

• draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    I'm too old for dabbing but who is this kid? Would love to have his confidence every step of the way! Didn't misspell my name - dab! Haa. I need to focus on getting my timer for the next section in between sections so mental dab. :P
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    This is another great reason to not waste takes. If you knock it out the first time, you can show up to two LSATS and just do this throughout the entire test.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Someone needs to do this while staring at the proctor the entire time.
    edited September 2016 4181 karma
    Or at least do what he does at the twenty-second mark. Immediately after seeing that, its direct and obvious applicability to the LSAT became apparent to me. Of course, I myself could never imagine myself dabbing - ever.

Please do it @draj0623 - just if you're in the back where no one but the proctor can see you, of course.

Trolololol @"Cant Get Right" - I may sacrifice my principle of never dabbing to do just that.
    27860 karma
    @danielznelson said:
    Trolololol @"Cant Get Right" - I may sacrifice my principle of never dabbing to do just that.
    Yeah, it'd be worth it. Love the idea of staring down the proctor the whole time. Just never break eye contact for the entire three hours.
    4181 karma
    I just wish I knew how to implement start times for embedded videos. The twenty-second mark is just golden material for our purposes.

Ahahaha, you're taking it so much further, and I love it. I can't stop laughing at the idea of doing that.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Alum Member
    1762 karma
    Last week I dabbed for the first time ever when my 12 year old niece asked me if I knew what it was. So I did it. It felt good.
    4181 karma
    Ha. Maybe that's what I need to do. In all seriousness though, in some way, overtly doing things that normally accompany confidence may help with confidence. I'm not a fan of drops on coasters (love everything else, unfortunately) but I amp myself up for an impending drop by acting as if I'm actually excited for it.

Acting the part in order to actually gain confidence or whatever else is I think something commonly understood, so I imagine an example isn't needed. While I won't be dabbing on test day, I'll probably try revving myself up some other way.
    27860 karma
    Yeah, that's definitely a good point DZN. There was this song from way back that I remember they introduced the Bulls to before Game 7 of the championship one year back during the Jordan era. I think they were playing against the Jazz, one of the most epic championships of all time. I found that song and play it before every PT and pretend I'm Michael Jordan, lol. It's totally silly, but it really does send my confidence off the charts.
    4181 karma
    I definitely was NOT intending to actually make a serious comment on this.

27860 karma
    Lol. All I want in life is to work for Michael Scott.